Tuesday 30 October 2007

Yes itis my birthday......

Yes bad news as another birthday comes around. But I suppose that's life. At least I will be spending it somewhere different, tonight I have 30 guests joining me for a meal in a very nice Italian Restaurant here in Greenbelt. It should be a good night. Video will appear shortly.... edited !!

I received a phone call at midnight just as my birthday started, a friend sang Happy birthday to me from the UK, a thoughtful touch and appreciated, I won't name them in case of embarrassment.

I haven't done so well this year as of yet I have received 2 cards !! But then I always forget birthdays so what can I expect !!!

It was a very hot day today over 30* with 89% humidity....... result...hot and sticky.

We had a good day at the tourney especially with 2 players that I have been working closely with in mixed doubles. I have had to change their game somewhat and in the first tourney it didn't work too well so I improvised the european style with the asian style that they are used to playing, today they looked more comfortable and beat a good pair to go through to the next round, they did lose the first, won the 2nd easily after I spoke to them and then won the 3rd. Winning after losing the first always makes the coach look good as if something that I said worked a magic spell, though I suppose it did make some difference. It's like Alex Ferguson making a substitute and he then scores as soon as he comes on... mostly just luck !!

Hope your day/evening is as much fun as mine should be..... will tell you tomorrow !!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard, that was probably your best birthday!!! out for dinner with 30 people, and a good time was had by all, lots of good memories... ...you must have been leg-less if they all bought you a drink for your birthday, I was thinking about you, I was wondering not how old you are, but how young you are..will talk to you soon.. take care. Mary

gerry said...

Hi Mary yes it was a lovely night, lots of nice things said about me. I only drank 3 glasses of wine the whole evening so am still sober, though I am sitting here in my condo with a nice big glass of whiskey with my name on it !!
There was some video taken so I will put it on this site as soon as this tourney finishes on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your birthday bash. Are you sure it was 3 glasses of wine and not 3 bottles. I have never known you to just have 3 glasses, is it an age thing? Its Jacs birthday Friday and shes 27. I bet that makes you feel old, It does me.
Best wishes for your special day love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Happy birthday old man!
Hope you have had a fantastic birthday. Disappointed you didn't have any sambuca shots!
Will have a cheap glass of chardonnay for you.
Take care
Kate

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

Mary doing her job already, keeping you up to date, and I'm not on holiday yet.

Glad you had a nice birthday but when have you been known to stop at 3 glasses of wine, 3 bottles maybe.

I have written on the envelope 'documents of no financial value' hope you get it, it is a jiffy bag and A4 size, dont know if it will go through your letter box.

Looking forward to more photos and video. Keep happy.

Lol

Anne x

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerry,
I heard it was your birthday, so I'm wishing you a happy birthday...definitely a different birthday that's for sure.

Here's a Badminton cake made for you....but don't worry I'll make sure it's eaten. (copy the link)

http://www.creativecake.co.uk/photo_1133446.html


Hope you enjoy your birthday!! I will tune into tomorrow's episode.
have a good one.
take care,
Gary in Canada.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerry,
Still thinking of you every time I open the door at St Andrew's! And especially today of course. Happy Birthday to you from jan and Del Morris PS Del's birthday today as well--no celebrating for him though as i had a Governors meeting.
Take care Love Jan

gerry said...

Hi Janice, anyone reading this will think that I am an old wino !!
Please give Jac my best regards and of course I always feel old !!

Hi Kate, you young Hussy !! ;-) so Paul C's slap on the back of your head made you visit my site. Are you all still going out on a Friday after school ?

Hi Anne, haven't recieved anything yet, something else was sent to me 2 weeks ago which hasn't arrived either. Hey you too with the 3 bottles thing !! Are you all suggesting that I am some sort of drunk !! Video is due soon.

Hi Gary, thanks that looks neat, I could play on it then eat it afterwards. Hope you and your family are well.

Hi Jan & Del, thanks for visiting and happy birthday to Del. Yes the code will have helped some memories. Can you pass on the address of my site to Tania, I did text it to her but somehow I don't think she got it.