Tuesday 2 October 2007

My secret addiction

I have this secret addiction, it's something that I have to satisfy every day, sometimes late at night I have to creep down to the back alleys of Manila to get my fix, it only started to be a problem here in Manila and I don't know how I will cope with it in the future.

I just can't stop this addiction so please can someone help me.............. to stop eating rice and iced tea !!!
I just love my daily portion of rice and I normally have iced tea 2 or 3 times each day. It's lunchtime and my first meal of the day ( I didn't rise til 11am) was... you guessed it rice and iced tea, I just couldn't wait to get it. I'm now thinking of my afternoon snack can I buy something other than rice and iced tea !! Once you start it is hard to stop, I'm ashamed to admit that the other day I even had a family size portion of rice all to myself with of course... iced tea, no meat or any other extras just my necessities, fried or boiled I just don't care how it comes.

If you can help me to overcome this nightmare please put this wretched soul out of his misery by letting me know how I can face the future without them !!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gerard ,did you get my last two replies. Anyway I was apprehensive when I came to the addiction bit , "rice & iced tea I cant imagine it , Iwill take your word for it what like does it actually taste ? thank goodness its an innocent addiction . Glad to hear you are meeting a lot of different people . every one ,s okay here except the weather [rubbish ] LOVE patsy......

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard, I left a comment on your secret addiction (rice and iced tea) I guess you did'nt receive it, now I cant even remember what I wrote.. Mary

gerry said...

Hi Patsy I probably did receive your last 2 replies but I don't remember which posts they were under, please read my post on "comments"

Hi Mary, shame about that, did you click on publish and did it then say that your comments were saved. I know you have been commenting lots so I am not sure why i didn't receive that one.... thanks anyway

Anonymous said...

Patsy, iced tea .... I don't know how to describe it.... it's just a drink like........ ??? It is refreshing though.
Sorry to hear about your weather, today is a lovely day (Thursday) the sun is shining but it's not too hot.

Anonymous said...

white rice, ice tea w/white sugar, a recipe for being diabetic type 2

gerry said...

Hi anonymous, Thanks I didn't know that, at least I didn't have the sugar with it !!