Monday 22 October 2007

Monday 8am

The tourney didn't go so well today (Sun) 5 played and all got knocked out, all very close games and most went to the 3rd but when the big points were up for grabs at 19 all, the opposition were more prepared and up for it.

Had another walk around Mandeluyong, it's just so fascinating to see these "slum" areas, I really want to have a good look down there. These people have it difficult and probably in different circumstances would do well in life, there are a lot of people in the UK, especially those that intentionally live on benefits that could learn a lot from them about hard work. The "don't work...don't eat" reality of here would serve some of them well in the UK.

I have a busy day today with badminton, 9 am is the start of the 3rd day of the tourney then at 4pm I am coaching, then it's back to the tourney straight afterwards for the adults games. Coach William is playing as it is a national tourney.

Hope your day isn't too busy and you have time to rest your weary soul

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

Sorry to hear your youngsters were knocked out of the tourney but they did go a long way have to show them how to finish. Are the adults still playing? How have they got on.

No doubt you heard about the England Rugby and football, never mind maybe in 4 years time.

Glad your still doing your daily walks but keep to the safe places, your guardian angel cant always be by your side.

My day hasnt been busy as I have a tummy bug and couldnt go to work.

Take care

Lol

Anne xxxxxxxx

gerry said...

Hi Anne, yes 5 got knocked out on Sunday but 3 went through yesterday (Monday) 1 was an incredible match, the standard at an early age here is so high.
No I don't get to hear much about the uk, I presume that they have both lost recently.
I love my walks, they are all safe places during the day, just have to take care and be friendly.
I hope you feel better by the time that you read this.