Thursday 4 October 2007

9am Thursday

I'm beginning to dislike taxi drivers even more, last night I was going to play badminton at 6pm, it was raining so the first 3 cabs that I managed to stop all wanted to forget using the meter and just charge me a straight 100 pesos, now I know 100 pesos is only just over a pound but it's the principle. The next taxi that stopped I jumped in and told him my destination and we drove off, he had the meter covered with a cloth so I insisted that he put the meter on, he ignored me so I kept repeating that, he pretended not to understand, after 100 yds he finally relented, removed the cloth to uncover the meter and switched it on, I relaxed, McGuire 1 taxi scammer 0................after another 100 yds he changed his mind and threw me out of the cab !!! well actually he pretended that there was something wrong with the vehicle and told me to get out. taxi scammer 1 McGuire 0. Or is it a draw as he didn't get his 100 pesos.

I was so annoyed that I just walked the 45 mins to my destination in the rain, yes I can be stubborn but what would you do. These are the same drivers that when things are quiet they toot you in the street pleading with you to use them, during these times now I feel like shouting .... YES but what about last night when it was raining you so and so !!!! ;-)

For the sake of any Filipinos reading my blogs I know a lot of posts may sound negative towards the Phils which they are but conversely there are a lot of positive things about here also which is why I'm here. Hopefully I have posts about them also along my way. There is always negative things to complain about wherever you live.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard, Beware of those taxi drivers! your okay, you can handle yourself, you have Karate (under your belt) pardon the pun! The reason you did'nt get my last email on your addiction to rice and iced tea - was because I am on my lap top and my battery died on me.. nurse O'Brien was saying you are a carb addict, and it runs in the family you are rice (I am bread) so just enyoy your rice but add a little vegetables too and you will be just fine....take care...Mary

gerry said...

Hi Mary, the problem is that I am a bit wary of eating any veg here as obviously they use the water to wash it, I try to avoid anything that has had contact with the tap water.
Thanks for the family info... I didn't know that !!