Monday 1 October 2007

October 1st

Hi it's October already !!!! My oh my, my holiday is rushing by.......... not !!!

Had a very quiet day yesterday, didn't play after all, I just rested the whole day as I was very tired from Saturday. Just did some shopping for items that I needed for home.

One thing that I have noticed being here is due to the differance of heights between Europeans and Asians.
The average caucasian male is about 5' 8" -9", females 5'2"-3", the average asian male is about 5'5' and the female 5'- 5'1". So when anything is being built or manufactured they obviously take this into consideration. I found that walking up and down stairs can be difficult as they have smaller steps, I find that walking upstairs I have to kind of walk on my toes with small steps but going downstairs is even worse, I can't seem to do it easily at all, the length of step is so short that I have to hold on to the rail to make it easier.

Their loos are even worse, the bowls are so low to sit on, for those in St.Andrews it is the same height as the new bowls in the nursery/reception area, sit on them and you will see what I mean !! My knees are up by my chin.... not a pretty sight !! (poetic exaggeration here ;-)

Enough asian education for today

Hope you are happy wherever you are reading this.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

Time is flying by, that is almost a month since you left does it feel that long.

You are living with the wee brigade, wee people, wee toilets and wee steps. You should go up and down the stairs sideways that will solve your problem.

Spoke to Janice yesterday, she has answered a couple of your blogs but she thinks you might not have received them.

Mary has spoken to Johnny and he asked for your website, so have forwarded it to Mary tonight.

Keep up the good work, eating healthily, exercising and I dont know about the rest.

Take care.

S2US (Speak to you soon)
Dont want you up all night wondering what it means.

Love

Anne xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

gerry said...

HI Anne, actually it was 3 weeks yesterday (Monday). Haven't received anything from Janice or you would have seen it on the site, she's probably not clicking the "publish" button or putting in a name maybe you could tell her how it's done.
Thanks, Johnny may comment one day.

Eating healthily... yes mostly.
Exercising.........definetly
The rest... lots of rest as I am tired !!.......... S2US... thanks for the translation