Saturday 13 October 2007

The weekend is here

I was up bright and early Friday at 6.30am as I had to be in Las pinas for 9 am. It takes an hour to get there by cab, if we used the meter it would only cost about 200 pesos (£2) but this is one instance when I do understand the cabbie not wanting to use the meter and just have an agreed fixed price, he has to go out of town and the chances of him getting a fare back to Makati are slim, so we agree a fare of either 300 or 400 pesos depends on how much of a hurry I am in. If I have the time then I do the barter game... you know.. he says 500.. I gasp audibly and walk away... he either drives away or calls me back to agree a low price.... usually i can get them down to 300 and if he is friendly and a good driver I will give him 400 anyway.

It was a very hot morning in Las Pinas, so much so that after 3 hours I was beginning to feel faint, some of the other coaches asked if I was ok because my face was red and blotchy. I went to the comfort room and they were right I didn't look very good ( not that I ever do... thought I'd get that in before someone made a clever comment !!) and I didn't feel very well. I then just went home and rested and slept the rest of the afternoon. By 7pm I felt better (sleep and aircon work wonders) but felt very hungry so popped into Greenbelt and had 2 meals and 2 pints of beer, their meals are so small that 2 equals a normal one for westerners, though in saying that I have got used to their portions but yesterday I was exceptionally hungry.

I'm off to Las Pinas again today (Sat)to coach as they prepare for their big Tourney next Saturday.

Hope the sun is shining wherever you are,

No comments: