Monday 15 October 2007

Weekend is over... ;-(

Ah... the weekend is over so it's back to the................. no it's not......... every day is a weekend for me !!!!!!

Sunday was another quiet day, some shopping, lunch then played for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Stayed at home last night as I was feeling tired, I only played 8 games but my legs felt like concrete.... very stiff. I didn't play at all last week so those games were tiring for me.

I am coaching this afternoon, this is a new session that I am starting for a new group. 3 hours of exercise in the heat of the afternoon, I won't be playing but my shirt will still be soaked through with perspiration..... you really wanted to know that.... didn't you !!

I have lots of photos that I have taken round the Manila area and hope to have them on this site very soon. I will also be taking some video when I have more time.... more time I hear you say.. well there is always something I have to do, eat brekkie, go for a walk, rest, maybe an afternoon nap, play sports, meet friends for lunch etc. You don't realise the pressures that I'm under :-)

I spoke too soon about the mozzies the other day, I have been bitten quite a lot over the past few days. Strange though that all the bites are below the knee mostly around the top of the sock area, this must be were the juiciest blood is as I never get bitten on my arms or torso. There is a lot of dengue fever going around at the moment in Manila which is contracted from mozzies, there is no prevention but there is a cure. Luckily I have a doctor in one of my groups so he keeps me informed.

Last night when I finished playing I decided to walk home, I also wanted to try and find a different route home as I believed there must be a quicker way. Usually at that time (8pm) the streets are very busy with people and cars but I presume as it was a Sunday the streets were deserted. Normally Makati is bustling with people and cars at that time but not yesterday, I did find another way home but got lost a few times, when I asked for directions people were surprised that I wanted to walk, they all said take a cab and looked at me as though I was mad. Anyway walking down some of these back streets was interesting though at times I had to keep my wits about me as you do see people in the shadows just talking with their friends, probably totally innocent but when you are alone in a strange place your defences are heightened.

It's 8.30am (Monday) as I type this, outside of my window over Manila the sun is shining as usual. My day is just beginning as all of those in the UK are tucked up in bed.

I hope the sun is shining wherever you are.

No comments: