Friday 5 October 2007

Friday 11am

My broadband installation has now been changed to Monday !!! It probably won't be done that day either, this is similar service to what we get at home. So I have to keep on visiting internet cafes for the time being.
Once I get BB installed then I can start publishing photos and videos so friends/family can see a bit of Filipino life here in Manila.

It's a sad day today as I am on my last Sainsburys tea bag, I brought a lot with me but have finally run out of that little reminder of home. Although I drink iced tea all day when I'm out, in the morning before I leave my condo I usually have a cup of English tea, it's not quite as good as at home because there is no fresh milk here so I have to use the long life that they sell.
I don't drink the normal tea or coffee when out as they use those sachets of powdered milk... yuk!!

Im playing again this evening and then tomorrow I'm going to Las Pinas to work with some good players again.

Ths sun is shining again today....... surprise surprise !!!! Thankfully it's not too hot or humid though it is still around 80*, the one thing about it always being hot here is the electric bills. When you are at home the aircon and fans have to be on most of the time, there is nothing better (other than a cold shower) than when you get home feeling extremely hot and your shirt is sticking to your back, to turn on the AC full blast with the fans on also...... after about 20 mins you start to feel comfortable again. Long live aircon !!!

Thanks Anne, yes in Rome do as the Romans do, I am sure they made some complaints also ! ;-)
I understand about the age thing and hope you have a great weekend.

I hope that you have a great day wherever you are.............. enjoy !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

Spoke to Helen tonight and she asked especially for you and wanted me to pass on her good wishes and hopes you have a fabulous 6 months.

You will find a difference when you get broadband. Do you have to go out every night to a cafe to type your blog? Looking forward to seeing all your photos I looked on flicker last night but it was the same old photos.

Shall I send you some tea bags over with your mail?

The sun was shining here today now that is surprise, surprise I think we have a good weekend ahead. Keith's absorbed with the tv if its not cricket its rugby or football.(boring, boring.....)

Can you not get fresh milk anywhere, do they not have cows?

Keep up the badminton show them how it should be played.

Take care

LOL
Anne xxxxxxxxx

gerry said...

Hi Anne, you can always keep Helen informed if she is interested. I visit the internet cafe usually mid morning after my breakfast to write my blog, yes I can't wait to get BB as I will be online more often and able to put pics/videos on this blog.
No don't bother with T bags, its ok I'll just stay with iced tes or maybe even coffee.
Keiths lucky I can't get any cricket at all, all I get is the news on either the internet or BBC world.
Very few cows in the Phils, therefore little chance of fresh milk unless you live near them.