Thursday 25 October 2007

Thuesday 7am

I was up at 6am today, just can't sleep well at the mo. Even though I am tired just can't sleep.

Yesterday 2 more went through, we have the quarter finals today, I don't expect any to go through to the semis but it would be great if they did. I have seen the competition and they are very strong, they are national players and have been playing longer than ours and train at least 4 times per week. So if they all get knocked out today that means tomorrow (Friday) we will have a rest from attending the tourney, in saying that there is another tourney starting on Saturday !!!!!!!! If any of out players got through to the finals this Saturday we would be involved in 2 tourneys on the same day !!!

I do miss M & S and Sainsburys, I go shopping here once per week to the supermarket but usually come out with the same items, milk, bread, cornflakes and corn beef ! I always spend time looking for something different that I can take home to eat. There is no cooked meat counter, no prepared meals like I usually buy in M&S or even any frozen meals.......... so I am lost !!! I can't even find biscuits that look similar to ours at home except kit kats, I suppose that is not a bad thing... no biccies is good for me. I have to eat out all the time which isn't too bad especially as I only have a microwave to cook on. I do try and eat in places where I can get vegetables and some decent stuff but also a lot of times it is just a case of grab whatever you can wherever I am.
If I lived here I would have to find myself a cook that could also do the shopping as well, I wouldn't have a clue what or where to buy.

As soon as these tourneys are over I will be adding a video to the site, it just takes a bit of time to edit and publish videos.

If anyone is having shepherds pie or similar, save a piece for me !!! I'd kill for some fish and chips or even the morsels from Paul Withams plate (he always has nice food for lunch in school). Maybe Sally Clargo could send me an emergency food supply .... she normally cooks my Xmas dinner... Sally you can still send it to me or Paul can deliver as usual. Or my sister Anne could send me the leftovers from any of her meals as they would be better than anything that I'm eating at the mo !!

I hope that you eat well today wherever you are viewing from.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard, received your postcard today, Makati looks like a magnificent city, I would love to visit it one day. hope you win one of your tournaments, after all your hard work... you must miss all the foods from home, I didn't realize they dont have frozen foods made up for you (makes life easier when your on the run) how about a big plate of Mince and Tatties, you could make that in the microwave. I can get fed up with restaurant food after a few days, so I know how you must be feeling.----so stay safe and keep well.---- your-wee-sister-Mary.xxx

gerry said...

Hi Mary, Also thanks to you for the birthday card that I received as I got home last night. Mince and totties would be an increible feast for me here, I would travel a 100 miles for a meal like that !!!
I wish I could order some food from M&S in Uxbridge that would be something. They do have M&S here but only the clothing section..... no foodstuff !!