Thursday 1 November 2007

Thursday 11pm

Today was a very quiet day, Makati streets were empty more than I have ever seen before. I had a very lazy day trying to recover from this tourney, Thursday was a day off, semi finals are tomorrow and Finals on Saturday. Keeyan is through to the semis, he's only turned 9 in September but you should see him play......... incredible.
There is 2/3 players that I would love to take home with me, Keeyan and Carla both 9 years old but awesome players and I have a soft spot for both of them. These asian players are away ahead of their counterparts in the UK, they are put under match pressure as soon as they play, in the Uk we protect that age group from any pressure and the parents even complain that they are still under too much pressure. This may be one of the reasons that the Asians are so far ahead of us in this sport. Over here the players have to deal with all the spectators standing courtside and your opponants supporters cheer and scream at every mistake you make, at home we protect then from that, no-one is allowed courtside other than coaches and we only applaud when our players play a good shot but not when the opponent makes an error. These tourneys are played over a full week and players have to take days off from school for each round that go through on, that would never happen in the UK, education always come first, I can't even get some players to compete on a Saturday as they attend school even then, oddly enough it is the Asian british players that refuse to play as their parents push them in their education.

I will put some video on this weekend, it just takes so long to edit it. But hopefully will be worth the wait.

Would you adam and eve it, the UK is just as bad as the Phils, I tried to do a simple transfer of cash from the Alliance & Leicester to another bank account that I have, I put in my 9 digit account no, then my 12 digit ID number and finally my 5 digit pin number.... is that enough... no.... during the transfer it asks for 2 digits from my password..... which one is that ???.... so it doesn't work and locks me out of my accounts but says that I have to ring them to renew my password.
I ring them in the UK and get put on hold while listening to some crap music which is costing me lots to listen to...... I get through to an advisor........ asks me lots of questions regarding 3 accounts that I have with them... I know the exact figures as I had access to them at the time (problem was only during transfer)... is that enough.... no she said I haven't given her enough security answers even though I have answered all her questions correctly... apparently the automatic answer machine should have asked me questions before I spoke to her.... ok I say just ask me the questions yourself and I will answer them......... sorry she says I can't do that... what are the questions I ask..... sorry she says I can't tell you........................what can I do then to solve this problem............ she says ring the auto phone .... but I have been told online that I must speak to an advisor to change my password.............. sorry she can't help and suggests that I ring back....... I'm getting a little bit peeved by this time.
I rings back.... go through the auto security questions..... no problems so far and speak to a security advisor... I answer all her questions and she is satisfied and tells me she is going to transfer me to another advisor that can give me a new password.............. Nooooooooooooooooo please wait as I can't go into another queue my phone is running out of credit........... I'm transferred.... the voice says you are in a queue and will be answered in approx 5 mins............. 3 mins later my phone is cut off as the credit has run out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I search the site for an email address to complain to........... sorry you can only contact the Alliance and Leicester by telephone..................arrggggggghhhhhhh !!! Where's that rope !!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Gerard, Did you recieve the birthday card I sent it was ten days before your birthday I posted it. I think the philippines have a better attitude to the two holy days 1&2 nov than we have its almost ignored here . Last night was halloween we made up 30 bags of goodies plus a few bob in them every one was taken I think every child under five sang "Twinkle Twinkle little star" , fully understand how you felt like pulling your hair out concerning the phone Joe contacted B.T this morning could nt believe it was transferred somrwhere in India after holding for 40 mins he was transferred to Ireland still no joy you would be quicker sending "smoke signals" . You will wear yourself out with all these tourneys . lots of love ,Patsy...........

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard, having a nice quiet day to yourself, it makes a change as the badminton keeps you so busy..our weather is turning a bit cold now, (while you are stifling in the heat). mind you I like the hot weather...So you enjoy those lazy hazy crazy days of summer...take care and stay safe. Mary

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

This tourney takes a lot out of you, I think you need a wee holiday.....Do you think they are pushing the young kids too far too fast, will they burn out. Is it a little bit like the Russian and romanian gymnasts, once they reach puberty they are finished in competitions.

Sorry your having so much trouble with the alliance and leicester, I have sent you a few letters from them, hope you get them soon.

Wont be answering your blog after tomorrow for a week and I'm not going to an Internet cafe in Cyprus I am on holiday.........

Will get in touch next weekend.

Take care & look after yourself until I return

Lol

Anne xxxxxxx

gerry said...

Hi Patsy, sorry I haven't received much from the UK at all, the post here can be dodgy I'm afraid.
I don't play in these tourneys I only act as the coach.

Hi Mary,this is their winter, come summer March/April/May I will be sitting indoors with a fan in my face and the aircon full on.

Hi Anne, Take your point re the players but the asians are the best in the world and they do play into adulthood. I still haven't received anything from you yet, I will let you know as soon as.
Enjoy your holiday in Cyprus, where are you going... Nicosia,Limosol or lanarca, they are in Cyprus I think. It's in the 20's there let me know what the humidity is, here today it's 94% so I am going to fry.