Saturday 3 November 2007

weekend is here

I made a mistake yesterday, today there were more quarter finals played, we now have 10 through to the semis which is played tomorrow (Sunday). The finals are next weekend and are played in one of the mega malls... yes a shopping mall..... they put courts up in the centre of the mall, they do this a lot to keep shoppers amused I guess.

I had a 2 hour walk home from this new venue that we are playing in, I found an area that was very interesting, I walked down a side street and found a busy shopping area where there was even more small "shops" in a basement.. probably over 100, the metal joists were about my head height, I had to duck every 5 yds. These places are were to buy some things as they are so much cheaper than elsewhere.

I went to the cinema this evening just to get out and do something different, I have been before and both times the movie has been spoiled by women talking, I read about this before I came but even still I find it very annoying and inconsiderate but it seems to be acceptable here. I even told them to shut up twice but they looked at me as though I was weird. Some people say that the conversations that you can listen in to can be more interesting than the film.... that maybe so but I still hate it with a vengeance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard, our clocks go back one hour tonight, so that makes us 12 hours behind you, so I guess you will be getting up and getting ready for the semi finals (Sunday) hope your players get through to the finals...big Celebration...you were saying you saw a movie, I take it their movies are in English, that would be so annoying having people talking all through it. (they should be thrown out) well Gerard it's Saturday night (there's no parties on) so I'm staying home to have my own little party with a few glasses of wine... take care keep safe. Mary

gerry said...

Hi Mary, yes the semis are over. yes all movies are in English as most things are. Talking in the cinema is very common and seems to be accepted here, I think it may be linked to the filipinos avoidance of confrontation, no-one wants to tell them off so they see it as OK.
Some times those private parties are best.... enjoy your wine !!