Monday 12 November 2007

Monday night

Well it's now Monday night, I received a parcel of mail from my sis Anne, I was a bit worried in case I had lots of letters that I would have to reply to but it was mostly just junk mail. I was also charged the 40p again... for what, I don't know but that's the Phils.

I'm embarrassed, outside the Las Pinas badminton centre is a large banner of me coaching players with my name etc...... they are planning to have a national tournament there called..... wait for it..... the Gerry McGuire cup ..... !!!!! I wished they wouldn't... honestly I mean that.
It's funny isn't it, in the Uk you get very little recognition for what you do. The only people that get the recognition are those that actively seek it and in my opinion rarely deserve it, yet here I don't actually deserve it but I get it manifold.... strange world.

I forgot to mention in the last tourney that we won 2 golds etc, there were over 1000 entrants, we never get that many for any tourney in the UK.... it just shows you how important badminton is here. Badminton is so popular that they haven't had enough time to even build enough courts to satisfy the demand, so what they do is buy warehouses and make them into courts... everywhere you look there are courts and they are filled every evening.

I probably won't have time to post tomorrow as I am going to Tagaytay for the whole day with 4 friends.

See you all again on Wednesday

Have a great day on Tuesday as I definetly will.... video to follow

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

Hope all went well in Tagaytay is it to do with badminton or are you sightseeing? Missed your blog today, looking forward to catching up tomorrow.
Take care

Lol

Anne xxx

gerry said...

Hi Anne, Tagaytay was for sightseeing but we played badminton too.
See the blog for more info. Hope you received my last email.