Thursday 8 November 2007

Wednesday

Just done a few chores today, I had a package from London delivered, it took over 3 weeks to arrive. I had to go to the main post office inMakati to pick it up and as always there was a charge, only 40p but there always seems to be a charge for everything here.

It was very very hot today, so much so that I had to keep indoors most of the day, this is when aircon comes into its own. If I spend more than 10 mins in that sun like today, I can actually feel my skin burn immediately. So when you have to go out, you walk for 10 mins then dive into somewhere that has aircon, cool down then do another 10 mins til you get to your destination, of course you can always get a cab which all have aircon,

I spent Wednesday evening coaching 2 adult players that have a tourney this Saturday, good players that can definetly improve very quickly. We had a couple of beers afterwards which made a nice change.

Got to go as I am late for a lunch appointment. ( its now 12 midday hurs)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard, I could take some of your heat right now, our weather is getting cooler.. How high do the temperatures go in the summer (March-April and May)I'm assuming it will be over 100 degrees, it's when you get the humidity with the heat. Anne will be having a wonderful time in the heat in Cypress...we will be hearing from her soon. take care Gerard, enjoy the summer weather. Mary

gerry said...

Hi Mary, Yes even my Filipino friends say that they stay indoors as it is too hot come March, high temps with high humidity. I have experienced April here before, for me it is simply untolerable.