Tuesday 6 November 2007

lazy day

I felt tired after yesterday so I had a very lazy and sleepy day, the joys of not having to work !!

I have edited and uploaded 2 videos, one is of the Glorietta bomb, if you watch it you will see a large white sheet attached to the pedestrian bridge that I use to walk from mall to mall, the bomb exploded underneath it. The last scene is of remembrance flowers and ribbons with all the names of those that died that day.

I have also put on my birthday party in Greenbelt, I cut it down to 5 mins, the speeches alone took 45 mins, they were just saying a lot of nice things about... I should have left it all in !!!!

I uploaded them at 5pm UK time so they may not be available to view yet, there is no set time with google, you just have to take your chance when you click on the link.

Hope you enjoy the videos if you get to see them. Unfortunately you do need to have a broadband connection to see them.

Patsy I received your card today..... thank you. I also received a package from london which was sent over 3 weeks ago, so Anne it's still possible that yours could still reach me even yet.

Have a nice day

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard, good to see your videos. looks like you were really enjoying your birthday bash, you seem to be fitting in quite nicely over there... I could'nt make out everything they were saying, but I take it, it was all good stuff about you, the kids all looked kinda cute too. do you lather on the sun-block every day, or do you just stay out of the sun as much as possible..The bomb explosion in the mall must have been horrendous, you were very lucky not to have been there at that time. keep that camera rolling you are doing a fine job..talk to you soon. take care Mary...

gerry said...

Hi Mary, yes it was a good night, no these built in mikes aren't very good with background noise, you really need to use an external mike like I did when I made videos at home. I don't use any sun block, neither do I use anti mozzie spray and I don't take anti malaria tabs as the side effects are not worth it especially here in Manila. Well as I said I left 50 mins before the blast so it wasn't even a close thing, between when I left at 12.30pm and the blast at 1.20pm there would have been at least another 500/1000 people leaving, any that left at 1.15pm now they could say that they were lucky.

Anonymous said...

Hello Gerard. I wont manage to see your video,s as Im not as up to date as everyone else[worse luck ] Iwould enjoy that. Todays paper ... Elizabeth Jamieson from Springburn glasgow after representing Scotland [badminton] won A gold medal also won A silver medal mixed doubles plus A runner up ribbon in A seperate catergory at Olympics in shanghai , DIDNT SHE DO WELL. Your certainly seeing life at its best and its worst in the Phils.Keep the talk rolling .Love PATSY..........

gerry said...

yes Patsy, you need broadband !!!!!
if you can ever warrent having it, it will change your life, you will see the world of the internet as it should be seen.
Yes she done well in the special olympics, strangely enough of the 4 badminton players taken, 3 were scots.