Friday 16 November 2007

TGIF

Well it's Friday again, another weekend begins. We have had a few problems with the net in Manila, globe keep going down, most of yesterday and this morning I couldn't get online, that's the 2nd time this week. grrrh !!

Since returning from Tagaytay I have just mostly rested and am looking for my next trip out of Manila.

I had my haircut.... cost £1.50.... nice eh !! I found this really big mens hairdressers in Greenbelt, it has over 10 cutters and you can have a Head, neck and back massage at the same time. I will be there every month from now on.

I don't see much British TV when I'm over here but I did see 2 shows the other night, what I really noticed was how many times young people say " yah no wot ah meen", if they just said what they meant then obviously we will know what they mean !! Another word is "like" used so often out of context... we went to the cinema like.... like what !! I said like....this or that?????? Do you know what I mean.......yes I am an old foggy !!

I asked friends what is the emergency number to call if I need the police or ambulance, they didn't know if there was one or not, they then suggested that Makati where I live may have one but it may be different in each area.... so if that's true if I dial 911 or whatever it may be here in Makati, it will not work if I am in another area. So I asked what do they do and they said that they would call family or a friend !!! Nice one !!

I haven't been bitten by a mozzie in 3 weeks yet I see them flying around inside my condo !!! I don't understand that. Is my smell now that of a Filipino and that's why they leave me alone... another question is why is it that they only bite you below the knee. Can any bright teacher at St.Andys answer those questions..... a big blue tick for you if you can !!

3 more bombs exploded in the Phils, one here in Manila killing 3, the other 2 were further south killing 11.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

Its 9.30 am on Friday and I'm online before the wee barra.

Manage to access your video this morning it was very interesting. The food looked great and piping hot. The driving looked a bit scarey, too much traffic for my liking. Glad the trip went well and you're home safely.

Just about to have my breakfast and then going to the gym in Crewe.

Take care and have a great sunny day.

LOL

Anne xxxx

gerry said...

Hi Anne, Yes I had to reload it but glad to hear that you saw it.
Yes the food was nice.
Too much traffic !!! you are kidding that was at 11pm when the Manila traffic is at it's quietest, I will take some footage during the day so you can see what it's really like.
Enjoy your brekkie and the gym.

Anonymous said...

Hello Gerard, enjoying reading your escapades I dont envy you driving there just as well you keep " the cool ". Iknow exactly what you mean people using words and sayings"like"also the others you mentioned the one I hate most of all is "ah went " ....she went ..ah went it drives me crazy it just laziness to much bother to find the right words to express themselves. Tomorrow is the BIG DAY Scotland v world champions Italy , Scotland is in a frenzy the "tartan Army are marching from Paisley X to Hampden Park the news ...radio..newspapers are full of it also there is a party at glasgow green ,the tickets for the game are &35 on the Internet they were going for &2000 Ihave never seen such excitement any where after all that they will probably lose . I wish you could bottle that sunshine for us so glad you are having a goodtime......goodnight .love Patsy

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard, have you been missing me, I've been having problems with my computer sometimes it freezes on me. so if you dont hear from me you know why. for some reason I couldnt get your videos, but will keep trying. Glad to hear your still having fun and now your going further afield (Tagatay) I dont even know how to spell it, that must have been quite an experience driving there and back...Enjoy your weekend Gerard and take good care of yourself.. love from your favourite sister Mary (not Anne)

gerry said...

Hi Patsy, So Scotland done quite well but lost in the last minute.
Yes its still hot here although Saturday was cool which was a nice change.

Hi Mary, I hope you get to see my videos. Do you ever have your computer reformatted ?