Thursday 29 November 2007

Thursday am

The movie that I went to see last night was totally spoiled by an arty farty director. It's a good action packed film with an interesting storyline about the middle east. He spoiled it by trying a new method of filming, close up fast cutting action with either frames taken out to make it very rapid or some other stupid idea of his. Anyway I visited the cinema and sat half way down away from Filipinos as much as I could be... they always talk during films.... anyway it was a big screen and with this new method of filming my eyes had to rapidly scan the screen to take in the info but it was so fast that I was missing some of the action... yes I thought maybe it was just me or maybe I was too close to such a big screen, in the end I moved to the back seat and still couldn't take it all in !!
If anyone goes to see this movie, I advise you to sit as far from the screen as possible, please let me know your thoughts if you do watch it. Yes it may be my eyes but I doubt it as I go to the cinema often and that is the first time that I've experienced that, if it happens at the next movie then I will know that it's just me getting old.... which of course I am..... and don't I feel it !!!!!!

The movie actually only cost me £1.10 in the end, to answer Anne's questions from my comments section, the cinema is less than 5 minutes walk and are as good if not better than anything in the UK. I don't know about the watching twice thing as I wouldn't want to do that anyway. The only problem is the talking and texting during the film.... that really annoys me big time.

I've been trying to find out as much info from the net about planning a trip to Mindanao before Xmas but it isn't easy, I was going to take the boat route but trying to get it to fit in with my dates, hotels etc is hard. Then of course you have the fact that the ferries here have an appalling safety record and also some get robbed by pirates..... yes can you believe it in this day and age.... of course it's not Blackbeard and they don't have patches over 1 eye but are robbers just the same and of course some passengers have been kidnapped. They do have armed guards on the boats now which helps. I may just fly there but organising it all is difficult especially at this time of year. I will keep you posted.

Have a peaceful Thursday... nearly another TGF

No comments: