Friday 30 November 2007

curfew

Because of the political incident yesterday a midnight curfew was imposed, anyone on the streets after midnight could be arrested, it didn't affect me as I am rarely out at that time anyway.

I've decided not to do anything for Xmas this year... surprise, surprise....thats what I usually do every year... nothing. I know I am going to get some offers but I always find them difficult, should I buy presents cos they might get me something or what do I do when the presents are being given out. I have been to a xmas dinner with friends before, they give each other pressies but we have agreed not to so I sit there like a lemon as they all open theirs, I try to look interested without looking envious of which I am not...... I'm pretty good at it. I really just find it more comfortable and easier to be on my own, I don't need sympathy as I don't feel sorry or lonely or anything like that.

This year I am going to help out a childrens home here in the phils, it hasn't been set up long and they have just started fundraising... a bit late I know... their target is $500 to buy food for the kids, however much they are short of their target, that is going to be my gift to them, I have requested the info today. I know that so far they have had 1 small donation. No I'm not being really kind and generous it's just a way of making myself feel good over the Xmas period.... so there !!!!

I do miss the Xmas at school it's a lot of fun watching the kids enjoy themselves at this time of year, I'll miss the bribes that I used to get from the kids to vote for their xmas table as the best in the class, each class has 5/6 groups and they bring in their own food and have to decorate their table. The head and I plus one other walk around each class and decide which is the best turned out table. Hey it wasn't as easy as you think.. considerations were; healthy food, nice decorations and creativity.. and who offered the best bribe !! I'm only kidding of course... Paul Clargo will be taking my place, I think he is really open to the bribes thing !!!! Sorry Paul. Don't forget to deliver my xmas dinner personally, for those that don't know Pauls' wife Sally offers to make me a xmas dinner each year and Paul actually delivers it by hand... so Paul if you fancy a few days in the sunshine let me know and I will ask Sally !!

Amazing the sun is shining here in Manila

Hope you have a great weekend

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

Hope all is a bit quieter on the western front and less dangerous.

Wont be long till Xmas, it is now Dec 1st cant believe it, where has 2007 gone is it because I am so much older than you that the years seem to be going faster and faster. Hope you have a good Xmas whatever offers you accept. It is a problem when people say no presents then they bring out something for everyone. Whatever you do hope you enjoy it.

Its a good idea to give to a childrens home, a small donation to them means a lot.

Take care LOL

Anne xxxx

gerry said...

Hi Anne, Yes Friday was a relatively quiet day.
Yes the years do pass very quickly,I will simply enjoy being here at xmas time whatever I do.

As I have no children and no-one to but any pressies for, I have given the childrens home $400 to make sure that they reach their target.

If you have any mail for me could you please send it, as you may possibly have some Xmas cards that I can put up in my condo.
Don't bother sending the circulars or junk mail, if poss only hand written or anything that you know for sure is from the Halifax, Nationwide, Alliance + Leicster or citibank. If anything is NOT sent because it has no name on it then that is my problem so don't worry.

Thanks again
Gerardxx