Sunday 25 November 2007

Monday 8am

Well the weekend was a complete wash out, I haven't been too good so have just been resting at home mostly, I only went out to get some shopping. The malls are now decorated for Xmas, looks nice but strange to see in the sunshine. This will be the 3rd Xmas that I have spent in the sunshine away from the UK. One was in Melbourne in '99, the other was in Leyte a couple of years ago.
I have been looking for xmas cards but they just have our usual type of card, snow, santa etc etc, I was looking for cards with a Philippines flavour.

Badminton England have asked me to do a report for their magazine on my return, should be interesting.

The next couple of days will be quiet as I have some tests to be completed, luckily I am only 10 minutes walk away from the best hospital in the Philippines. There is no free health service here so I have to pay. They will cost me about £150, which is cheap as the cost in the UK would be £1000. Nothing serious I may add.

I feel better already this morning as I finally heard from my friend in the U.S, she hadn't been receiving emails that I had sent so obviously hadn't been replying.

Hope your weekend went well, wherever you are viewing from,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard, maybe you should be visiting the Doctor, that's a while you've had the flu. You would need eyes at the back of your head for all the stuff that goes on over there, it's so corrupt, I would be petrified to go out at night. I read in our daily newspaper about the Scotsman that was killed, it said a British man, but I hear he came from Dundee. you will have to be so careful and try to do most of your stuff during the day, just go out at night if you have to.. I know it feels different to be in the sunshine at Christmas. When we go to Florida for New Years its the same thing all the Christmas lights are up, I think its great New Year on the beach, I hate the cold weather, Billy likes to see the four seasons but I just like one season (summer) by the way who is the friend in the U.S. just being nosey! hope you are well Gerard, and remember (eyes at the back of your head) take care. Mary..

gerry said...

hi Mary, it's not as bad as you think. Yes the guy was from Dundee, Anne contacted me to tell me that he was a guy that Johnny in Canada kinda new from his celtic club I think.
My friend in the US is a pen friend that I've had for 8 years.
Are you going to Florida this year.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

First of all I hope everything goes well tomorrow, you will have had your examination by the time you read this.

Do they celebrate Christmas in a big way especially as its a catholic country?

Will the weather get better or worse as the moonths go by.

It must be strange looking for Xmas cards in the sunshine, the cards are usually in the sale when it is summer here.

Take care and get plenty of rest am thinking of you.

Lots of love

Anne xx

gerry said...

Hi Anne, No I don't go to the hospital for another 4 hours yet.
Yes Xmas is as big here as at home.

The weather is a bit cooler but still around 80's, it gets much hotter from around March.

Take care