Friday 9 November 2007

finals today

Its 7pm Friday. The finals are over for our groups. we won 2 gold, 3 silver and 5 bronze medals. In one of the age groups we had both the finalists so only one pair could win the gold. During the presentation for that event all 6 players on the rostrum to receive their medals (gold,silver + bronze) were from our group.
It was an enjoyable day and we ended up having a blowout... that's what they call it !!!... it's having a treat when you win something.. so we ended up in KFC... 23 of us !! it was fun.

5 of us are hoping to visit Tagaytay ( tag-ay-tie), it's one of those mountainous areas when you drive around the bends looking over the edge !! I'm driving so that should be fun.... though as everyone knows..... I get vertigo on a thick carpet. I do try though never to let it stop me from doing anything, that's why I have done a parachute jump amongst other things like walking across a rope bridge in Thailand.

Tonight is just for sitting at home with a beer watching HBO..... and of course texting probably over 50 texts..... that's how it is here !!

Of course would you believe it the sun shone again today but we also had some rain too !!

Hope you are all having a restful day and night

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gerry,
Congrats on the medals that your teams have won....sounds like you are having an influence on them. I saw the birthday video at the restaurant, Wow. All those people showed up for you. Looks like it was quite a night out....and speeches !! that's fantastic!! (now I know you're not at Phil's Pub in Uxbridge...hahaha)
Keep up the good work and the consistent blogs. I still tune in everyday to read what goes on, I'm one of your loyal followers (so it's not just my Mom and Anne that reads these).

....Until tomorrow's episode....
cheers,
Gary in Canada

Anonymous said...

Hello Gerard, Well done you must all be so pleased with yourselves . What will you do now the tournaments are finished.? They seem a real friendly lot you have met, did you hear "glasgow" won the commonwealth games for 2014 they were dancing in the streets the whole of glasgow was jumping,A tremendous chance for all the up and coming young athletes, also will transform A lot of derelict spaces the building for the indoor sports will be the biggest in Scotland they are using Hampden park for track events ..and are building thousands of new houses for the athletes in the east end ..etc. thousands of new jobs a real boost all round ......... I think the figure they mentioned was £350 million pounds.........goodnight its 11.25 sweet dreams ...love PATSY........

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard, I dont think you got my email last night, I was having problems with my laptop it froze just as I was sending it, I was congratulating you on your big win, 2 golds - 3 silver- 5 bronze that must have been a big night of celebrations.. what happens now do you start coaching a new group and take them to the finals...hope you receive this email okay. ttyl take care Mary

gerry said...

Hi Gary, No I was just teasing about Mary and Anne. :-) Yes things are going very well here. Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Hi Patsy, Those tourneys are finished but there are more to prepare for. Yes the people that I know are very friendly as Filipinos are generally anyway. No I didn't know about the games til you told me, it should be really good for Glasgow as a whole. 350M would be very useful to anyone.

Hi Mary, just to let you know that I received all 5 of your messages, they all arrived even though you may have thought differently.
Yes I still have lots of players to work with there in Las Pinas and also adults here in Manila.