Tuesday 11 March 2008

Tuesday.... got my visa

Well I got a cab to the Bureau of Immigration, I picked up my visa in 5 minutes then was on my way. Just as well I got the visa quickly because as soon as I got it I was thrown out, I forgot that you are not allowed to wear shorts in the BI.... don't know why but that's the rules.

I left there at 11am and decided to walk home again. I meandered a bit and got home to Makati at 3.30pm.

When I walked home yesterday I walked through Rizal park, I had to walk past lots of people that actually live in the park, they are very poor, no homes or jobs, I got talking to one family especially and tried to take some pics but my camera batteries were empty so couldn't. The kids are so cute and of course you always get the cheeky cute one. I took the same route home again and met them again, this time I got some pics, the cheeky toothless one insisted that I keep taking pics of her and her friend, she loved to see her photo each time.... the smiles and laughter was wonderful.
I have published some pics below.











1 comment:

gerry said...

Hi Anne, Thanks for your comments.

You said that in the pics the kids looked well fed, happy and clean.
I guess they don't know any better, but their clothes actually were dirty as I guess that have limited places to wash, it also seems that they are the only clothes that they have.

The toothless terrier as you say was a bundle of laughs, really cheeky but just in a funny sort of way. I gave her 5 pesos and she kept following me insisting (with a smile) that I give her another 5p, she kept putting her hand to her mouth to indicate that she's hungry... my resistance faltered and I gave her another 5p. I had already given to her friends also and I had given the previous day too. I think she thought her boat had come in and she better get on it before it goes !!!