Thursday 13 March 2008

Thursday 11pm...... cream crackered !!

I wanted to get up at 5am this morning to watch the cricket, I woke up at 3 am after less than 3 hours sleep and that was it I couldn't get back to kip.
So I got up and watched the cricket which was interesting and England finished well.

At 4pm I got prepared to play badminton for the first time this year, I got all the badminton shirts that I bought here in October and none of them would fit !!! Now this is really bad because I bought them all as the shirts that I brought with me from the UK wouldn't fit me as I had put on weight at that point also. So now I had to wear the shirts that I bought recently..... no nasty comments please I feel bad enough as it is... that's life... it runs in the family.

I went to the badminton centre, the players that I was to play with and against were below average, if I had played them in October last year it would have just been a nice little run out for me and I would have won easily with little effort.... this was not the case..... I played 8 games and was knackered.. I won about half... the joys of getting old........... it's so unfair !! I have all the knowledge and technique but the body is struggling.... well you did see me walking up those 33 flights of stairs..... not a pretty sight I know.

So it's now 11pm and I am at home in my condo, the legs are feeling a bit stiff and I really should be in bed soon as I have to be up at 5am tomorrow (Friday) to watch England.... the first hour should be good as Ambrose needs only 3 for his 100, Collingwood needs only 2 for his 50 and only 9 runs for the 300 to come up..... if you know anything about cricket you will understand the above... if you don't.... then I'm sorry !!!!!!!

Another TGIF coming up.... enjoy the begining of your weekend

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you dont like me to comment on your weight but its not good you know leads to all sorts of problems as you get older. Hopefully you will lose it when you get back. You could always come and visit us we will feed you well and you can work on the new house. Thought you may not like that idea!

Love Jan

gerry said...

Hi Jan, of course I know being overweight isn't good but sometimes lifestyle dictates.
Yes can you feed me permantly... that would help... maybe I should marry a good cook... it's a good enough reason as any !!
Have you bought Ian's house or have you bought elsewhere ?

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

Just spoke to Keith bout the cricket. He said England were 140 ahead in the first innings and are at this moment 60 for 1, I think he is enjoying it a bit better.

What do you mean "it runs in the family" we don't put on weight, its just that we should be taller.

I can picture you knackered after watching the video of you going up all those stairs. When is your next game of badminton , I think you should rest for a week.......

Only another 3 and a bit weeks to go, enjoy.

Take care

LOL

Anne xxxxx

gerry said...

Hi Anne. you posted these comments on Friday night... but on Thursday's post, I can only guess that you didn't post on Thursday night and my Friday post wasn't published in time for you to post on THAT.
Yes I know the cricket score, I do watch every second but thanks anyway.
I like that.... yes we should all be taller... like 7'.
I'm coaching today (Sat) and I am playing again on Wednesday.
Thanks for reminding me that I have only a short time left !!!!!