Tuesday 4 March 2008

Tuesday 10pm

It was a day of cricket today, I watched Australia lose unfortunately. I have to go to bed early tonight as England's match starts at 5.30am tomorrow.... yes I will be up to watch it... sad I know.

I went into Marks and sparks today for my little treats, alas they are getting too expensive.. a tin of mince is now £5.20.... I love it but it's just too much, I bought some choccie digestives for £1.60, a computer mag which costs £3.99 in the UK was over £12 here so I couldn't bring myself to pay that much. Tins of Heinz baked beans were £1.15 so I treated myself to them instead.

it's strange but since I have been here in Manila for so long the mozzies leave me alone but yet whenever I visit other parts of the Phils I get bitten.... any explanations for that !!!!

Mary thanks for the long comments, I have replied to you in an email, enjoy your last 4 weeks.

Hope you all had a good day as I am off to bed now....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

Glad to be blogging again I fair missed you, so much so that I text to make sure you were still in the land of the living. I had even picked out 10 cars for all the family, from a Mercedes to a wee mini..wont say who was getting what........

The cricket hasn't been up to much, hope its a bit better tomorrow.

Would it be cheaper if I sent you over some food stuff instead of you buying from M & S, the prices are ridiculous, who would buy them???

No explanation about the mozzies unless you are covering yourself a bit more while in Manila.

Can you put Mary's long comments into your blog so I know what her comments are.

I enjoyed the video in your previous blog, it is nice to see who you are sponsoring.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels and I'm looking forward to your return to the UK, please visit me and fill me in on your trip...... I think there must be a lot of interesting photos.

Take care

LOL
Anne xxxxxxxxxxx

gerry said...

Hi Anne, Mary fancied the merc !! Cricket hasn't been so bad, not the results that I wanted but still interesting.
People do buy from M&S, obviously some people have lots more money than me.
No I wear the same type of clothes wherever I go, just shorts and golf shirts.
I replied to Mary in an email so her comments here were deleted...sorry.
Yes it is nice to see and meet people that you are going to help.
Yes I will try and visit especially as my car will need a run to get it going again !!
You have seen most of the pics that I took, I don't keep hard copies, I just keep them on my computer.

G xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi there Gerard, the earthquake was 5.2 on the richner scale I have
been told,we had just knocked the internal walls down in the house and put a RDJ in, well it is still standing so it must be earthquake proof.I am off to work some of us must Love Jan

gerry said...

Hi Jan, yes I read about the quake, the worst I have had here was 5.8 and the building did shake frightenly especially here on the 18th floor.
So you have put in t he RSJ... hope you didn't have to lift it ??
I'll be a worker again soon enough !!!