Thursday 20 March 2008

1pm Thursday..........

I feel a bit stupid writing Thursday's post at 1 pm, the past few days posts haven't been published by blogger.com very quickly so I am posting this as early as poss to make sure that you can all view it. It's not so bad posting early today I guess as there isn't much to report.

The holy week has really kicked in now, Makati is empty, very little traffic or people, I went for a walk to the malls to get something to eat.... they are all closed !! The only place open today and possibly tomorrow is McDonald's. Greenbelt 1,2,3,4 and 5 all closed as is Glorietta 1,2,3 and 4.... I thought they would still be open. I have little food indoors so it's either McDonald's, beans on toast or tuna sandwiches for the next 2 days.

I will be mostly just lazing in my condo today and tomorrow, reading, watching TV, online and sleeping.... could be worse I guess, I will do a bit of walking at times also.

The weather here is getting VERY VERY hot I can really feel the difference. Today is 95* and the forecast for the next 4 days is all between 95*-100*... surprisingly the humidity isn't too bad yet, when that kicks into the 90%-100% that's when you feel like a wet rag.

If anyone has any questions about Manila, the Philippines or life living in a tropical island please feel free to ask, I will do my best to answer, it will also help to post when I am not doing very much.......

Enjoy your Easter weekend..............

I have published this at 5.33am Thursday UK time so lets hope Blogger publish it on my site before your visit......

7 comments:

gerry said...

I can't believe it, this post was published immediately !!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,


I think you had better try and start thinking positive about coming back to UK, I suppose on the positive side you can earn money here for a few years and still keep the dream alive too live out there. In your mind do you have a time scale ie in 10 years or less etc when we want to retire or when financially you can
do so. I look forward to speaking to you when you get back. You will have lots to talk about. love Jan xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

Didn't realise you still had trouble with your Internet hadn't noticed your posts were late, just thought you were not blogging that day.

As the shops are closed during Holy Week will the restaurants be closed as well. McDonald's is Ok now and again and so is beans on toast but not for a few days, you really need a proper meal, is there no one over there who have offered you a nice dinner.....

I couldn't manage in that heat I don't know how you can play badminton, especially when the humidity is high.

What is the population in Manila and what percentage is male and how many females. Do they live to a good age or do they die young, what percentage live to say 90 or 100?

Have a great Easter and you wont be playing your tourney this weekend as it is next weekend.

Take care

LOL
Anne xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi gerard,just of the phone to you and thoughtI would try to send a post again, and hope you get it this time. I will read your comments to find out.lol helen. xx.

gerry said...

Hi Jan, I can't think positive about something that is negative but I do know what you mean.
10 years.... NOoooooooooooo !!!
I'm hoping that it may be possible next year.... that may mean yes that I will have to live in the Manila suburbs but when I am home if i can't stand it then I will want out asap. If it is ok then I will wait a while but nothing like 10 years.
That would be a prison sentance !!!

Hi Anne, no I'm not having trouble with my internet, it's the blog's server (blogger) that is sometimes slow in publishing my posts.

Everything is closed, all restaurants, shops, cinemas etc etc except McDonalds.... good business sense from them as they are busy now 24/7.... they don't close.

There are 90million that could probably offer me a nice dinner unfortunetly I don't know them ;-)

The daytime population of Manila is over 16 million, I don't know the split between male/female or what age they live to, I could google it to find out.
some people try and say that there are 6 females to each male trying to make is sound like a single man's dream but it's not true, it's probably roughly a 50/50 split.

Yes it is hot while playing badminton but the humidity is not high at the moment, when it does get high..... I just get soaked.... shirts soaked within an hour of just standing doing nothing, 3 showers a day are required just to keep cool and clean.

Hi Helen, I told you that it was that easy, thanks for the phone call.... but this is cheaper !!
Keep sending comments now !!!!

Anonymous said...

Funny how the blogs are taking longer this week they have always come really quick before. Its is Good Friday at 4pm and your blogg isnt up for Friday that is assuming you have done one, anyway have a good weekend, and try not to starve, cannot imagine you doing that ha ha. Love Janxxx

gerry said...

Yes Jan they have been slow this week, though Thursday was really quick. Fridays I am just doing now to be honest... 9pm UK time.