Monday 17 March 2008

Monday

Well I was up at 5am to watch England play again, it was worth it to see them finish New Zealand off. It finished after only 2 hours though which left me up and awake yet it was only 7.30 am.
The decider starts this Saturday, I will have another 5 days of getting up at 5am but it will be worth it especially if England win.

I went to Las Pinas again tonight to do some coaching for adults. This time coach William came to Makati to pick me up and his father dropped me home at midnight. I did enjoy it as they are all preparing for "my" tournament which is this Sunday. I enjoy coaching them as they put so much effort into doing what I ask of them, they sweat and run til they drop... it is so very hot here now as it is the beginning of summer. They all gave me a round of applause at the end of the 2 hours session and then we had a question and answer time... they appreciate my knowledge.

This Wednesday I believe is the start of holy week, you can't book a hotel room or flight to anywhere in the Phils as everyone is on the move. Holy week started off as a religious thing to include Easter but it's just more like a holiday week. All the people that live in the towns and cities return to their province to see their families and everyone else goes on holiday somewhere. I had to put any trip to Cebu on hold.

I just remembered something else that I miss from the UK, that is a fast Internet connection that consistently keeps you online. Over here I have to reboot my computer and modem at least 5/6 times a day and I have to constantly shut down the browser and restart to get access to a site. I have unexpectedly got used to it.

hope you all enjoy your Monday...... is that possible ??

No comments: