Thursday 27 March 2008

Thursday 10pm

Today I played badminton for 2 hours from 5-7pm...... it was sooooooooooooo hot and the humidity was very high.. even the Filipinos that I was playing with were complaining so you can guess how I felt if they could feel it so bad !! You could wring the sweat from my shirt.... it was soaked completely !!

After I had a cold shower... which was boooootifooool.... I then walked through the slums of Mandaluyong... I always enjoy that walk and it was great again.

I then.... shamefully I must admit stopped for a pizza and a milkshake... well I was hungry and perspiring... I needed somewhere with aircon.... well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it !!!

I'm going to publish this post, watch a bit of TV, then have a late night whisky before I hit the sack.

Thanks Lisa for the text, nice to hear from you, love to you and David.

I hope you all have a great Thursday

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

I'M BACK..... did you miss me, you had your big sis Helen answering your blog, Mary and Jan, what more could a guy want......Please don't answer that.

Arrived back 2 hours ago and thought I should catch up with my wee bro.

Flew up to Aberdeen on tues morning, we were delayed for nearly 2 hrs because of snow in Aberdeen, hired a car and drove up to Huntly (about 1 hour). Keith was up to inspect the ground for his pitches and it was in 6 inches of snow. We then drove down to Aberfeldy in Perthshire and stayed the night in Pitlochry. Next day we drove to Edinburgh then Peebles (on the borders) then back to Edinburgh where we stayed the night in a 5* Hotel which my friends son is MD, so we got preferential treatment it was fab. Went through to Glasgow to see Helen and Margo, Patsy was out, then back to Edinburgh to Fly to Manchester.

So that was my trip, I thoroughly enjoyed it, I even argued with the sat.nav. It cant answer back........

2 Hours badminton, you must have been dying on your feet especially in that heat and with high humidity. Think of the weight you've lost.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

take care

LOL

Anne xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi gerard,
Reading your blog about playing badminton in that sort of heat, stresses me out even thinking about it. you must have lost a few lbs during play, but then put it back on with your pizza and milkshake, but what the hell.Anne and keith dropped in for an hour today, as they were in Edinburgh overnight in a five star hotel, she said it was fantastic there lounge was bigger than my whole house. It is Annes friend Eileen from Erskine son Hans who is the
manager so they had a very nice couple of days, although it was work for Keith.
well gerard I will say goodnightfor now.Enjoy your late night whisky.
lol HELEN.xx.

Anonymous said...

hi gerry
what a great adventure you've had, you should write a book when you get back.can't believe its been 7 months. Enjoy the rest of your stay. looking forward to seeing you. Have a safe journey back
Debbie. ST A's

gerry said...

Hi Anne, sounds like Keith spoiled you as usual !! sounds like Keith did a fair bit of driving.
Yes only a woman could nag at a sat nav.
I don't lose weight playing badminton... well actually I do but it goes straight back on when I finish.

Hi Helen, yes Anne dropped in to tell me about it. Are you getting used to being online yet ?

Hi Debbie, really nice to hear from you, yes 7 months passes so fast. I look forward to seeing you in April at St.Andys.