Saturday 29 March 2008

Saturday 11pm

Quiet day.... very hot.

My badminton tourney starts tomorrow, I have to be in Las Pinas for 8am as I am doing the opening speech. It takes me an hour to get there if I can get a taxi to take me there.

My family should have a look at this video on youtube , it's just a video of possilpark from 1975, 3 years after I left.... Thank God !!!

the address is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XXLPYAd_4o you will have to copy and paste it into the address bar. It opened up a lot of videos about Glasgow, I ended up spending most of my afternoon watching them, isn't the internet an amazing thing, here I am in the Philippines watching videos of where I was born from 33 years ago !!

I watched an "orange walk" along saracen street too, could see the library and I have also seen the Lido cafe online !!

An "orange walk" for my English friends isn't a fruit strolling down the road, it's an anti- Catholic religious march held all over Glasgow each year.

I hope you are all having a great weekend, I have to go to bed now as I am up early in the morn.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well looks like you will be busy doing your Tourney do you have to do an exhibition match or something like that. Is there an age range for it? When do you start back at the school, I dont think you will be fed up when you get back as everyone would have missed you and you will have a lot of catching up to do wont you. Take care, love and best wishes Jan

gerry said...

Hi Jan, I will explain all in my Sunday post.
I don't think for a second that anyone has missed me at all !!

Anonymous said...

Hello Gerard
Havent Read Your Blogs In Some Time As I Am Not On The Internet, I am Tied Up With BT And Have To Wait A Few Months Until The Contract Ends And Then I Can Go On Broadband. Anne Has Been Teling Me About A Few Things You Have Been Up To. I Know How Upset You Are At Coming Back To The Uk, Just Remember All You Have Done And The Memories You Will Have, You Have Done What Most People Only Dream Of Achieving. So Dry Your Tears And Be Happy, WELCOME BACK TO THE LAND OF HOODIES. Love Patsy ......... :)

gerry said...

Hi Patsy, glad to hear that you are going onto broadband, you will be able to watch my videos now !!

Thanks for the welcome !!!!!!!