Tuesday 1 January 2008

Welcome to 2008..........

Well last night was simply awesome, one thing the Filipinos are good at is fireworks, the display last night was really fantastic. I tried to video all of it but realised after a while that I has pressed the pause button by mistake, I misssed some of it but will put the rest on the site soon.

I went there about 10am, stayed and watched til about 12.30am then walked home. Passed by a latin cafe which was still open and very busy, I stayed for a while soaking up the atmosphere. The atmosphere here in the Phils is so much better than at home, everyone has fun but behaves so well, no shouting, screaming, pushing, shoving or anything that could be construed as bad behavior. No one getting so drunk that they can't walk straight or want to fight everyone. In the UK the 18-25 years old group have a couple of beers and then they are ready to march on Poland, its like a war in English cities when bars/clubs reach chucking out time.
Seen and heard some of the noisest fireworks on my way home, really fantastic. I stayed up until 4am as their were so many texts wishing me a happy new year.

The 2 beers in the bar cost me £2 even though it was after midnight on New years eve, can you imagine how much that would have cost me in a london pub, where I would have to fight my way to the bar.. it was waitress service here also !! The phils is so much more civilised.

I spent a lot of the day in bed and generally just being a slob... very enjoyable. I have to get back to organising my trip to Vietnam tomorrow which isn't easy believe me.

Happy new year to you all and I hope that all your dreams come true in 2008

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerry
Happy New Year! Hope it's a good one for you!
Am nursing a hangover today, as i had quite a wild night out last night, still it's got to be done!
Rach says hi too.
Take care
Love Kate

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,
HAPPY 2008. Glad all went well no bombs and everyone behaving well.

We had two friends for drinks and then we all went round to Sandy's party (Kevins friend). It was fancy dress and the theme was films. Kevin was Robin Hood and Kelley was Maid Marion, Leigh and Dave were Mr & Mrs Smith THere was Laurel and Hardy, Captain America and wonderwoman, The Hulk, Elvis, John Travolta and Olivia Newton John and many more. Tried the vodka luge and got it all over me.
So we arrived home about 2.30am.

When are you going to Vietnam? and for how long.

Hope you have a great,fab, wonderful 2008.

Take care and God Bless,

Anne xxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hello Gerard.HAPPY NEW YEAR" from us all in dear auld glesca toon . You are in a "NICE PLACE" for this time of the year glasgow,s problem is as every one knows is alcohol it does,nt matter who you are drinking heavy amounts too quickly makes you an out and out pest.Twenty thousand were at the party in Edinburgh Fifteen thousand at glasgow,s considering the amount there everything went well. Iam not much into the "New Year " Joe and I have had a hellish virus since around christmas , which half the country seems to have . the place you went to have your hair cut so cheap and all under the one roof is ideal , I don,t know how far away Vietnam is from where you are you will have to fill us in on that one, another geography lesson needed please........... everything is quite on the western front. Wishing you all the best for 2008 love Patsy..........

gerry said...

Hi Kate, thanks for dropping by, give my regards to Rach and all at St. Andys. I know what you like like on those mornings after your wild nights... enjoy it as you are only young once.

Hi Anne, So you didn't take the opportunity to have a wild night of passion with Keith as you were alone for once !! Glad to hear that you had a good evening..... sounds fun. Hope your 2008 is good too.

Hi Patsy, I know about the drunks in the UK, you know that is one thing I have NEVER seen here. Yes Glasgow and especially Edinburgh have big parties, a friend is at the one in Edinburgh so I may het a report. Yes these viruses do thier rounds don't they.
Best wishes to you for 2008 also.
I will give you your geography lesson on my blog.

Anonymous said...

hi Gerry, sounds like you are having a wicked time. The singing at school has never been the same. Hope you have a wicked 2008. love rach.

gerry said...

Hi Rach, you'll probably never see this reply but thanks anyway, 2008 should be interesting hopefully. Yes singing will return after Easter.

Anonymous said...

Hi ya gezza!! Hello' from the Parnhams. sounds like you are having a great time, watched your b'day video, looks like you had a great time. glad you are enjoying yourself we miss you at St. A's, the green paper towels are now blue!!!! Am trying to keep Paul w in check, its a hard job, but someone has to do it! luv Kay P

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerry Happy New Year, hope you are well & havin a good time. Hello from the Parnhams and St. A;s. Hope you are behaving yourself and being a good catholic boy!!!!
Luv Kay P & co