Sunday 27 January 2008

Sunday... Davao

Well as all over the world.. Sunday is a quiet day. I got a local map from reception and he showed me where the hotel is on it, I told him that I was going to walk to the downtown area, he said that you can't as it is too far, he said that it's about 5/6K.. no distance at all... anything that entails walking more than 5 mins here they just don't do.. a bike or a jeepney but no walking, I'm used to walking 4-6 hours on my walks so the 80 mins to here was nothing... hardly even broke sweat.
I'm finding it difficult to find anything of interest here in Davao, I even met a guy from Hungary and he was asking the same question, after I finish here I am going to visit the official Davao website to see if there is anything there.

The weather here is definitely much hotter than in Manila but I seem to have become more tolerant of the heat since I moved here,I still have to find somewhere that has aircon to cool down for 20 mins on my long walks but overall I can cope with it.

If I don't find much to do here I may just return home to Manila and back to using my laptop.... which I miss very much..... my laptop is like my social friend I use it so much for info and communication with others.

Have a nice Sunday... enjoy your snow in the UK... here it's in the 80's.

No comments: