Saturday 12 January 2008

leaving Nha Trang

I was up early today to get some photos and video of the area and find the old US air base for my friend on the net. I hired a bike for the day, they call it an automatic bike, we would call it an upgraded scooter but it got me round everywhere, I had a lot of fun on the bike but I couldn't locate the air base, no-one knew of it or didn't understand what I meant. I ended up with severe sunburn to face, arms and legs, when riding a bike with the wind in your face you don't feel the sun until later. So it's baby lotion on my skin every hour and it's still burning. The bike cost me £5 for the day, their is no licence needed nor insurance, if you hit something or someone then you just pay for the damage. I still have until 9am Sunday so will be out for an early morning jaunt.... eat your heart out Steve McQueen.... gerry's on his way !!

I have to catch the 12.55pm to Saigon, then run to the international terminal as my flight to Manila is 3.30pm, I am supposed to be there for 1.30pm but I don't arrive til 2pm at the domestic terminal... I do hope the flight from Nha Trang isn't delayed or I could be in a wee bit of trouble.

I had a nice meal at 6pm then back to my room to watch Good morning Vietnam with Robin Williams...... an apt end to my stay in Vietnam don't you think.

I still can't view my blog or reply to comments, maybe it will get better in Manila.

Goodnight all.......... for all UK viewers whose nightly comments were those ??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,
Sorry you didnt get the photos for your friend. Was there any info. on the computer about the air base or were you just going by the info he gave you.

Watch the sunburn if you can get natural yoghurt and rub it into the burn it takes the heat out of it.

Glad you manage to ride the bike, it must have been a good feeling, fleeing along the roads.

Hope you dont miss your flight you are cutting it a bit fine.

Will you be able to access your blog when you get back to Manila, hope so.

Speak to you soon in Manila

Take care

LOL
Anne xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi gerard, just read todays blog, but as usual Anne beats me to it, thats a pity you didnt get the pictures for your U.S.friend, and you got burnt into the bargain, yes, a wind burn can be worse than a sunburn, I have had them, pretty bad...you will be like a red lobster...but it may eventually turn into a nice golden tan...all is well here with us, nice weather had the golf tournament today, just home from the banquet..tomorrow is the American legion, after Church.. will talk to you soon...luv Mary

gerry said...

Hi Anne, I did try all the websites but couldn't find a detailed map to locate it. The bike was great..the highlight of my trip.

Hi Mary, Sounds like you are having a good time also. Enjoy the sunshine and not working.... people don't understand how hard it is when you don't work, there is so much that you have to do...it isn't an easy life :-)

Anonymous said...

I have been sending at least 2 comments a week but you dont seem to be getting them although the last one I just tried said that my comment had been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval, you received them in the beginning so I dont know whats changed I am sending this from the computer at work, but I am reading your Blogg I thinks its Anne and Marys Blogg as well. HA HA lOVE janxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan, you must just be foing something simple wrong. I have received 2 from you today but this post is 2 weeks old... you probably won't even see this reply.