Wednesday 30 January 2008

back home

It's Wednesday evening and I am back home in my condo in Manila.

I left Davao at 9.40am and arrived in Manila at 11.20am, I was in my condo at exactly 12 noon.
I haven't done very much today, took my laundry to the shop and went for a meal at Kenny Rogers "Roasters" restaurant, I eat there a lot as they do a nice salad and lots of cooked vegetables. As I have put on more weight I am trying to eat healthier !!!

I wanted to book my trip to China ,Macau and Hong Kong for February, but it would be better if I went on the day that my visa expires which is March 12th, so when I returned I would get the automatic 21 day visa which then would take me through to the end of my time here in Manila.

Thinking about leaving really ties my stomach in knots, I dread returning to the UK but I know that it has to be.
I could retire tomorrow and I know that I would have enough income to live in somewhere like any of the places that I visited in Mindanao, but to live here in Makati I would need an income of about £1000 per month to live in the lifestyle that I am used to here.
Anyway I still have over 2 months to go here but I do feel the end is coming up fast, I will enjoy this time and ponder more seriously about my future.

Hope you all had a happy Wednesday.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

Is it wonderful to back in your condo especially with your laptop working, its amazing how much you miss it.

Just renewed my tax disc for another year.

How far is China and Hong Kong, your fairly getting around, you world traveller. I will be writing WWW not for the internet but to describe my brother, travelling the whole wide world.

The time is flying in cant believe you return to the UK in two months.

You asked me about an envelope which would arrive at the end of January. I will email you for more info.

Hope you enjoy the next two months as much as the previous five.

Take care
God Bless

LOL
Anne xxxxxxxxxxxxx

gerry said...

Hi Anne, yes it is good to be back to normal. It takes 4 hours to Bejing.
Have you sent any mail to me this year yet ?
Yes but 2 months is still a long time, if I was starting a journey of 2 months it would feel like a long time !!
The envelope is just the new security code to one of my bank accounts.