Friday 4 January 2008

9pm Friday 4th Jan

Well I have to get some sleep as I have to get up at 4am to pack, shower and leave my condo for 4.30am, my flight to Saigon is at 7am, it's 45 mins to the airport and I will have to find a taxi to take me there.

I've been trying for the past 3 days to get a particular room in a particular hotel, the hotel isn't fantastic like most hotels that I stay in, I normally only stay in 5 star places.... yes get me... sound like Donald Trump !!

Anyway this hotel is only 2 star but is really above that according to all the sites and reviews, they have a special room on the 11th floor that has picture windows the length of the room. I have been in contact with the hotel by email many times, the problem is with the language barrier, the receptionist speaks good english but there is a difference from being a native speaker and it being your 2nd language, so I have asked for this room in capital letters, I'm not 100% sure that she understands, I will have to wait and see.

This hotel is right slap in the middle of everything, walk out the front door and you are in thick of the city, which encompasses all the noise, smells and bells if you know what I mean... did I just use my most hated expression.... ya no wot ah mean... yes I did !!!! It wouldn't be everyones cup of tea but I do like the noise and all the activities of asian cities, you can't walk down the street for tuk tuks, cycles, motorbikes and cars all vying for the little piece of space called a road, horns beeping, cocks crowing, people shouting.......... I LOVE IT !!!!!

I hope you are all having a good weekend and don't forget from my post below ( which wasn't posted until 18 hours after I published it...sorry but not my fault ) that you are all rich... I suppose it is all relative.....

I hope this gets posted tonight....

No comments: