Sunday 30 December 2007

New year's eve........................

Yesterday was a record text day for me as I received over 150 texts... too many !

It's just after 6am, the only reason that I am up at this time is because I got a text at 4.50am !!! saying good morning.........yea right... it didn't feel like it and I told them so. You may be thinking well why doesn't he just turn his phone off when he goes to sleep.... of course I could but my phone has a talking clock and it's great for during the night, I can find out the time without opening my eyes !!!!

I had a lazy day as it was Sunday, I did my usual thing, into Glorietta with my Sunday paper (Manila enquirer) straight into McCafe..... a nice big fancy coffee and a long read... constantly interrupted by texts.
After that I went to my barbers... really big place with over 15 cutters, they do everything there, haircutting...all types, manicure, pedicure, foot spa and massage.
I had a trim and a back massage, the same guy does both, the cost is £3.25, thats why I can afford to go there often, I can have that done 4 times and it still costs less than 1 haircut in the UK.

Today is New Year's Eve, there is a big street party here in Makati, with lots of fun and food stalls. There is a huge firework display, an american here describes as a remake of WW2. The only hassle is that one of the bad groups have threatened to bomb it.... they just want to spoil our fun or they would just do it without a warning, anyway the mayor has got 700 police and emergency people on duty in the area just in case. Can you imagine what it's going to be like... is that a firecracker no it's a bomb....oops !! Well I will be taking a video of it as I will be down there this evening.

This will all be happening at 4pm UK time so Happy New Year to all in the UK at that time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

It is 13 minutes past midnight so I can safely say this is New Years Eve, although cant believe it where has 2007 gone.

You will be bringing in the New Year all relaxed, haircut and massage. By now you will be taking a video of the Makati street party hope its gone well with no trouble.....Will be thinking of you at 4pm.

I think we are having a quiet New Year it will be the first time we havent spent it with Leigh and Kevin. They are going to a party and the theme is films.

There are 2 marquees in the garden and Kevin has arranged for artificial grass in the back garden and also 2 porta loos. He has also got a red carpet from his artificial grass company for free.
They have ordered a vodka luge, thats an huge ice shape, you pour the vodka in the top and when it comes out the bottom it is nice and cold......

I am trying to get to bed early as I'm reading a good book, so this is the last time I will blog in 2007.

Happy 2008 to you and hope you continue to enjoy the Phillipines.

Take care

LOL

Anne xxxxxxxxxxxxx

gerry said...

Hi Anne, No I read your comment at 9am so am not taking any video yet.
Children have flown the nest eh ! you will be lost without them... just you and keith.. a romantic evening then!!

Ok thanks for always commenting on my site and for the postage thing.
Hope that 2008 is a great year for you and the family.
I guess this will be my last post and last comment of 2007 also.
It's now 8pm at night and the noise has started outside already.

Goodbye 2007 you were a good year... thanks.