Friday 11 January 2008

Nha Trang

I'm now in Nha trang, I left Saigon after a 1 hour delay, the airport is about 30k form the town, it cost me 200,000 dong... about £6.50 for the taxi.

Nha Trang as you can imagine is a lot quieter than Saigon, it is surrounded by beautiful blue sea. Alas it is also very touristy, as you walk along the street all you see is places offering the same boring tours. I am in a very nice hotel with my own suite facing the sea, it's only for 2 nights but the cost per night is more than the locals earn in 2 months, I was talking to one today so that's how I found that info.

I am really here just to get out of Saigon and to take photos for an American ex USAF that I know from the net, as I mentioned before he lives in Manila and we are going to have a meet up sometime this month, he was stationed here that's why he asked for some pics if I passed through here.

Not much else to say really but I still can't see my blog even though I can post !!

will post some pics later,I'm hoping to hire a bike to get some pics of the old American air base as it is outside the town... I have never rode a bike so it may not happen !!

Not another weekend.......... !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

Can you not view your blog by going into Gerry in the Phils the same as we do.

The hotel sounds nice and peaceful and facing the sea, can I come and join you. I was looking at flights to Manilla they are very reasonable at £450 and Mary and I can doss down with you, very cosy............

Hope you get the photos for the ex USAF man, it will mean a lot to him.

Take extra care if you hire a bike especially as you have never ridden one.

Enjoy

LOL

Anne xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hiya Gerry
Just read your latest blog agin and watched the video. Blooming heck they are tiny aint they.I'm sure you've been there before cos I found 3 examples of those traps at the back of your office at St. A's all ready and waiting for the kids. LOL.
Bit of bad news for you I'm afraid. Caroline (the dinner lady)'s mum died. I think shes been unwell for a while. Big C.So you probably knew she wasn't well from last year. Caroline looked all washed out on Monday and her mum sadly died that night. Gone to a better place I suppose. She was 86 I think.
School has now got "proper running" hot water after 3 months and the efforts of Apollo Construction to sabotage the school.
All else seems ok and you look well in that video shooting at something. Notice that we didnt see your targets to see if you hit anything. Hee Hee.
You putting weight on mate.
All that good food eh.

Take care and speak to you soon.

Paul Clargo

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard, so you are all settled in Nha Tran, sounds like a very nice place, hope you get good pictures for the American ex Usaf, as you wont be going back for a retake...you are fairly doing your travels it must be quite expensive too..but worth it...its going to be quite a shock the first day you go back to your old job, I guess I shouldn't even go there..(NO says you)...you still have about three months to ENJOY! everything is going well here, the weather makes such a difference, so much to do, I need eight days a week..yes your right the weekends are here before you know it...will talk to you soon Gerard...look after yourself in Nha Trang. luv Mary...