Sunday 23 December 2007

Sunday 8pm Angeles city

Well the bus trip here today wasn't as good as before, I thought that I knew all the things to do to ensure that I always get a good position on a bus/plane. This time I failed !!
I made sure that I was first person on the bus so that I could get the 2nd row seat on the nearside of the bus,the first row is used by a woman that looks after the trip and being on the nearside I have a good view as we drive through towns, being in the 2nd row ensures that you can hear the TV if you want to watch the movie that they show.
It was annoying on the last bus when sitting near the back, you couldn't help but see the film but you couldn't hear it, sitting closer at least gives you that choice.

The last time the bus was only half full so everyone had a double seat to themselves, you do need it as these buses are built for filipinos so are quite narrow for us westerners. Anyway this big american gets on, somewhere between 25/30 stones and plonks himself down on the seat in the front row right in front of me, totally blotting out everything that I could see !! I thought thats ok he will have to move for the member of staff.... she asks him to move, he explains that he has to sit there as it is the only seat for his legs.... unfortunetly that was true and they let him sit there.

Ok I thought he is sitting in the isle seat with the back of his chair right upto my nose, I will just move over to the window seat then it will be ok which I did. Then the bus starts to get busy, all the double seats have at least one person sitting in them, a guy then sits in the seat next to me that I have just vacated..... I thought NOOOOO please sit somewhere else.... I looked behind and all those that had a double seat to themselves were all sitting in the isle seat and had put their bags and stuff on their window seat to make sure that no-one sat next to them...... bum !!!!!....you can't do that but they did........ I could never do that as it is a bit too selfish even for me.

Anyway it's done and after all it's only a couple of hours........ no problem.... just get on with it. The guy sitting next to me is an old hippy type, long hair in a ponytail and is German but friendly enough, just wished he had washed before he got on the bus....that strong pungent odour that some men have that woman are supposed to find sexy.... well you can keep it cos it does nothing for me pal !!

I don't know about you but I have this problem with territory when I am in a seat, it could be a bus, plane, theatre seat or anywhere that I am sitting in public, I like to have my space and I don't like people encroaching into it. It's usually.....no always.... guys, they think that they have this right to stretch their legs wide apart into the space of the people sat either side of them. I can't tell you how much I hate this.... so his leg is now touching mine..... ughhh....I have asked people before to move over a bit though it makes me feel a bit petty. I don't know what it says about me but I can't stand the guy leg touch thing... yes of course if it was a 25 year old female I wouldn't complain but thats understandable.
So anyway I had to endure this journey with my left knee trying to push him back into his own space and hating touching at the same time !!!!!
With my arms firmly by my side and my legs tightly cramped I now know how a sardine feels !
My goodness the things that we have to go through just sitting on a bus !

Anyway I am here and I do have my nice room again, I am here in the restaurant typing this before I go upstairs for an early'ish night.

Tomorrow is Xmas eve although as it is so hot here it doesn't really feel like xmas.

I hope your weekend is going well

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

glad your settled back in your favourite room in Angeles City. It looks good overlooking the pool. I can now picture you lazing at the pool having a wee drink with your laptop at your side and saying thats another email from someone.

Sorry I havent been answering your blog but I answered an old one and sent you an email.

I have been out for dinner and visiting friends most nights or just going shopping. What night did you email me saying that I was up late. Just looked up my emails, it was the 21st Dec. Thought I would let Mary get in first cos you've got to respect your elders....

Margo got out of hospital today, I think they want all the beds vactated for the Christmas period.

Jet is a lot better now, her back legs are not collapsing as much. The vet is delighted with her but her stitches were bleeding today.

Cant believe your sitting in the sun and we are here freezing our butts off, oh to be rich. My older sister Mary (the one who blogs first) will be going to Florida soon, you will both be comparing tans soon.

Keep up the good work. I enjoy reading your blogs even although I dont always answer them. Keith hogs the computer so I dont get on till midnight, about 8am your time so that is why I am on the computer when your typing your blog.

Have a very good Christmas will be thinking of you and wishing I could be there.

Take care
Your loving sister

Anne(the young one).....xxxxxxxxxxx

gerry said...

hi Anne, I know that xmas is a busy time for you alcoholics !!
Give my regards to Margo.
Good news about Jet too.
Mary will win the tan thing hands down, I'm always in the shade when I sit outside.
thanks for the email also.
enjoy our day.