Tuesday 18 December 2007

Tuesday 9am Angeles city

My last day in Angeles city, it has been enjoyable and very relaxing.

Yesterday afternoon I walked along the street with all the girly bars, it actually wasn't that bad and there were lots of other things happening there to make it interesting. I even had a foot scrub... ok not something that you really want to read about.. but it is nice to have a young lady pampering your feet.... but this time I got a ladyboy... you know.... a guy acting as a girl... it was ok as he was good at his work. It's the 2nd time that I have had this done, 1 hours' work on your feet for the cost of £2.50.... not bad eh !!

I met a guy in the town from London, I spent an hour with him and his Filipino wife just having a beer outside and shooting the breeze. We met up in the evening for another hour of chat. He lives 5 hours north of Angeles city in a quite remote area, his house is 6' from the sea, he goes to sleep with the waves gently hitting the side of his home.... sounds beautiful. He invited me to visit him sometime, but it's probably a bit too quiet for me and too far from Manila for me to travel there. As he has lived here so long he was able to give me lots of info and ideas of other areas to visit, it was a good meet.

I have to get packed shortly for my 12 noon ride to Manila, I should arrive back in Manila around 2.30, then I have to get a cab to Makati which is about 30/45 mins depending on traffic.

I am just sitting by the pool in the shade typing this and drinking coffee, I have never been a coffee person but their tea is not the best so I am getting used to the coffee instead.
Sitting here makes it all seem so wonderful, you know.... sitting in the sun... on my laptop.... drinking coffee.......... compared to what I would normally be doing at this time of the morning if I was at home in the UK. Life can be so good at times !!

They have a poster here advertising their Xmas dinner... it really sounds good... so much so.... that I inquired if the room that I have now was available for Xmas day so that I could come back for the Xmas lunch.... unfortunately it is already booked... shame.

England play Sri Lanka today at cricket, I will be home just in time for the start... oh it's a hard life............

Enjoy your Tuesday

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard, you write an interesting blog, maybe you should have been a journalist, do you just type it off the top of your head or do you think it through first, however you do it, wer'e all getting an insight into life in the Phillipenes.....It's hard to believe its only one week till Christmas we're all going to Gary and Karen's for Christmas dinner, Martha and Greig and Ryan are coming too, there will be 13 of us for dinner, to think that was what we had every day in Stonyhurst Street...that was a nice break for you going to Angeles City sounded (very holiday) you will probably be home by now back in Manila. anyway Gerard take care of yourself now that your back in the big city. talk to you soon.. Mary

gerry said...

Hi Mary, thanks.... it's straight off the top of the head stuff.
When you see Martha, slap her on the back of the head and get her to visit my blog.... does she know how to switch a computer on... probably not !!!!!
13 of you for dinner, yes that does bring back memories of the old days in Possil !!
You are pretty sharp with your posting, you just time your reply soon after I have posted mine !!
Sometimes Anne is too, a lot of times I publish my post at 8am here (midnight UK) anne reads my blog around 1am then posts a comment.
Maybe we could all do a conference call !!