Saturday 22 December 2007

Filipino friends

Another trait of Filipinos that I like is that they are not inhibited about showing affection to their friends........ male or female.
As you can see from the photos below, men are not afraid to put their arm on the shoulder of their male friends in public. Try that in London and you would definetly be classified as gay.
It can be male/male, female/female, male/female. It can also be between mother/son or any mixture that you like. In the UK if a mum puts their hand on their son in public the usual reaction would be for the son to push his mum away, he doesn't want to be embarrassed in front of anyone. So why the difference ?



















I will be Angeles from Saturday until boxing day.. the 26th of December for my non UK friends
So if you have time over the xmas period please pop in and leave a comment, I will be online most of the time...... no it's not sad.... I will be very happy indeed.

Merry Xmas to all... and as Dave Allen used to say..... may your God be with you !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard, did I beat Anne again, maybe she is just busy yeall prepared for Christmas, I hear she is having the family for dinner, I guess I should be busy too, and not on my lap top. that was a good blog and pictures, I dont know why our culture is like that but it is, especially with males, more so than females, is it the macho man thing... We are just heading out to see the show, yes you are right the rat pack are all dead, but this group must be very good at impersonating them (like the real thing) the tickets are $100 so it had better be good.. talk to you soon, got to run Billys shouting.. are you ready? and I'm still in my robe.. oh well nothing new.. ttyl Mary.

gerry said...

Hi Mary, Yes you did beat Anne, she must be busy with Jet or the family meal as she hasn't commented since Wednesdays post.
Yes it's sad that even young boys feel the pressure of not touching in public especially with their parents.
I do hope you enjoy the show.... now there is one of the big questions in life..... why are women never ready on time when you are going out somewhere ? It drives all men mad !