Monday 10 December 2007

weekend over

On Saturday I coached at Las Pinas, it is running down due to Xmas coming, there are a couple of party days before the end of the year. They are also doing Xmas caroling, they take it very serious and have been practicing together many times, they only visit the houses of members of the club, no cold calling.

I was out doing a bit of shopping when I came across a VCD copy of the film "Bridge over the River Kwia" starring Alec Guiness, I have seen it many times on TV at home usually around the Xmas time, I bought it as I remember watching it with Paul and my mum. After dad died mum used to to take Paul and I to the Vogue cinema in Possilpark every Tuesday night. Although possibly my memory could be playing tricks, I seem to remember that this was the film that when we reached the cinema, mum had lost the money so we had to head home, on the way home I found the 10 shilling note (the old 10 bob note for those of you over 40 years old), so we headed back to the cinema to watch the movie. Whenever I see that film the above recollection always comes to my mind.

On Sunday I spent the afternoon writing Xmas cards, I'm not even sure if they will arrive in time, we shall see.

Sunday night was a TV night and receiving many many texts.... yawn !!

It's cloudy here but still very hot, with this constant heat it does help the cockroaches to survive, amazingly even here on the 18Th floor we have them. Though I have only found 2 in my condo in the 3 months that I have lived here, I realised that they come in under my front door so I now put a towel down there before I go to bed. They are easy to spot as the hallway floors in the building are all bright marble and the condo floors are all polished wood. I must admit that they are one of the few creatures on earth that I do try to kill when I spot them !!!!

I hope you all had a great weekend and are refreshed for another week at the grindstone.... as I am !!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

Its just been on our news that a british church minister has been murdered. I think his filipino wife is being questioned. It is also in our newspaper that children are stopping cars and singing christmas carols for money and the police are trying to stop it. Not nice things to do, and it is all happening in Manila, so take care....

Hope you enjoy Bridge over the River Kwai. That is fantastic that you can remember that.

It is now Tuesday afternoon and I have a carpet fitter coming to renew my bedroom and dining room carpets as I had a flood in Sept. I am expecting Keith in at any moment as he has to take the dog to the vets as she has an absess in her mouth.

Take care and Lots of Love

Anne xxxxxxxxxxxxx

gerry said...

Hi Anne, I didn't hear of that, kids doing things in the road is no big deal, happens all the time.
Yes I did enjoy watching the film again.... it is a classic.
Hope your new carpets look good.. they usually make things look better.