Monday 17 December 2007

Monday 8am ... Angeles City

Well yesterday morning after a wonderful breakfast I went for a long walk, my ankle is holding up and I walked at a very leisurely pace anyway, I walked along the main road for an hour and then back again, not really much too see at all except a new'ish Mall.
I didn't see any girly bars at all but I am sure that they are here somewhere, at least they are not in your face which helps.

I just stayed in again last night, watched some tv and sat in the restaurant on my laptop with a couple of beers. There was a karaoke machine on and ocassionly someone would sing to it... cat's choir comes to mind. There was about 25 people in the restaurent but it is quite big so looked quite empty, the scene reminded me of some of the "clubs" that you see onTV in places like Liverpool where there about 5 people there and a singer that can't sing and no-one is listening to them anyway, the people that are there look so sad, probably been together for 25 years and don't have a word to say to each other. Do you get the picture ??........ but at least here it is hot and there was 6 pretty waitresses walking around in their Xmas uniforms to keep the boredom away. Before anyone gets the wrong idea this is a totally "proper or Kosher" place.

I visited the travel agent here to find something worthwhile to do today, ( Monday) but the only things available was a day's flight around to another island with lunch there and then fly back. I was interested in this and the cost was £85 per person, I said yes but because I am a group of 1, I would then have to pay for all 3 seats on the aircraft, this would have meant over £250 for the day, too much for something that I have experienced before so I declined.

I was thinking about going home a day early but have decided just to continue relaxing here and eat well for one more day. Though I have rarely left the hotel complex it has been really nice to get away from Manila for a few days, the food here is really great, dishes that I am used to eating like, sausages, eggs and beans for breakfast although i don't have that at home these days, it is nice to have when on holiday. Lunch and dinner menus are the same, I can have chicken or beef pies with mash and they do a wicked cottage pie. It is really nice to eat food that is really appealing to look at, whilst waiting to be served the expectation is high and has always been tasty so far.

It's just after 8am, I have finished my breakfast, 2 sausages, 2 eggs, beans and 2 toast.................. really tasty. I will, after writing this try and go for another walk in another direction, I will ensure that I am back in time for lunch with a hungry appetite.

Hope you all have a great start to your last... probably.... working week of the year, enjoy your weather as you could be suffering like me with this sunshine every day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard, Angeles City sounds like a nice little break for you, getting waited on and all that kind of stuff, must be nice..when you wrote you may go home a day early, I just read the bit (you may go home) and at first I thought you had had enough and you were going home to the UK..(three months too soon. Enjoy your nice hot weather We did get dumped with the snow as was predicted, lucky it was a Sunday and the roads would be a bit quieter, Florida is beginning to look really good, I am sick of the white stuff already, it's the driving in it thats bad..anyway Gerard enjoy your last day in Angeles City. take care. love Mary

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

Didnt realise you were still in Angeles City, is it the angel city.
Hows your ankle? Dont do too much walking on it until it is 100 % better.

Margo is in hospital she hasnt been very well, she is in the high dependency unit of the Royal INfirmary. Had a blood transfusion and has been on oxygen. Shes a bit better today. Will keep you posted.

Jet has had to go back to the vets. Her hind legs are collapsing all the time they think she has a blood clot on her spine. It might disperse itself with time or if she needs an operation they would have to consider it because of her age.

It is 1am so I'm going to bed.
Take care Lol

Anne xxxxxxxxx

gerry said...

Hi Mary, going home to the UK... Arghhhh... please don't remind me o f that !! White stuff....nnaaaaa...don't know what that is !!!

Hi Anne, it's the city of Angels....hardly !!!
Yes do keep me posted about Margo.
Hope Jet improves over the next few days too.
Yes I know that you normally do your posts at 1am.