Thursday 13 September 2007

Soooooooo tiring !!!

Yesterday (Wed) as I said I didn't get up til 2.30pm, anyway I got list of some clubs and visited the nearest one, I played there from 5.30pm til 8.30pm...... totally knackered.

Remember these players are all between 18-25 and used to the heat and humidity, they watched me play and graded me as a "B" level which is 2nd best only to "A" level in this country, I was hoping D or even E.... hey I'm 53 next month.... 20 years and 20 kilos ago maybe but not these days !!

I really enjoyed it as they were all very friendly but the heat and humidity is just too much for me especially as here when it's your turn to play, you play 2 games back to back !! It was 30* heat and the perspiration was just unbelievable, you would have thought I had just been swimming, my shirt was soaked, my shorts changed colour with the perspiration and my underwear........ well that's probably too much information for most of the visitors to this site !!

I did quite well as I played 8 games only losing 2... not bad for a fat old bloke eh !

This morning at 10.30am I have another condo to view, this is in another building and is much bigger than those that I have seen before, the rental price is much bigger too !! I am in this condo at present until the 24th so have more time to view others.

I will rest tonight and then play again on Friday, resting here isn't as good as at home...... no sky +, I'm ashamed to say but I really miss it, TV here is abysmal. I miss the choice and convenience of sky +, pausing live TV while you make a cuppa or go to the loo, the info you can get before you choose.
Here I have no scheduling, so you have to flick through the channels, I rarely catch the beginning of anything unless I just stay on one channel.

Hope all is well in the UK and from wherever you are viewing from.

No comments: