Friday 14 September 2007

Rest day

Thursday was a rest day for me, I couldn't exercise like that 2 days running, my legs and arms were a bit stiff but will do 2/3 hours again this evening.

I seen a very good condo yesterday, beautiful luxurious new building and a bright airy flat with big windows looking over the area, it had a big price also but worth it. The only sticking point for me is that I have to pay the full 6 months and 2 months deposit all up front..... nearly 6,000 pounds ( there's no pound sign on this laptop !!!) in cash.............. 1500 is the deposit that can't be returned to me until after 30 days ( waiting time for the utility bills), of course by then I am 7,000 miles away.... so that is a no no for me, I am in discussions with the broker and owners. It may be a deal breaker but that's life, I will just keep looking.

I saw 4 other condos but none that appealed, one had a maids room that the broker thought for me is a must have, it was tempting as it would be nice to have someone washing, cooking and cleaning for me, but I thought it is just so cheap to eat out and the units are small so easy to keep clean, my washing can be picked up and returned the next day cleaned, therefore it wasn't worth it.

During the day is taken up by looking for a condo, doing shopping for anything that I need and just strolling around watching life go by.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

I have blogged on your last 2 comments are you receiving them ok.

Still keep looking for thr perfect condo, it is hard work but will be worth it in the long run, seven months is a long time if your somewhere you dont like.

I wont recognise you when you get back you will be so thin with all the excercise and heat, it drains you.

Take care

Lots of love

Anne

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerry, I'm enjoying checking your blog each day, to find out what you are up to. What a price for a condo I thought they would be dirt cheap over there. hope you get a good one soon. ttyl Mary

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne, I have emailed you with answers to your questions. Thanks fot the text.
I do hope to lose some weight but how much is another thing.

Hi Mary, you get what you pay for in life !!! Glad to hear that you are visiting my site. I will be adding photos soon also.
What is ttyl... is it ta ta you lout ?? not like Anne using APTSW !!!