Monday 10 September 2007

Arrived

Hi just to let everyone that I arrived here in Manila safe and sound.

The main flight from Amsterdam to Manila was very good, due to watching 3 films, 2 TV shows a bit of reading and a lot of eating........... the time passes quickly. I arrived here at 8.45 am... KLM on time as always. I was one of the first off the plane, I was first through immigration and straight through customs, jumped in a cab and was in my condo withing an hour of landing !!

I have managed to keep awake so that I can fit in with my new time zone. It is very hot here although it is the rainy season (with no rain) it is still 30*.

It is now 7pm and I will try to stay awake for another 2 hours, the only problem that I have had is that my laptop won't work in this condo but the owner's does so he has loaned his to me overnight.

Tomorrow I will go downtown which is only 10 mins walk, I must get a sims card to use when I am here and I have to find myself a condo in the building that I want to live in for the next 6/7 months.

Thanx for the message Anne.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Evening Gerry
Gald to hear you've arrived safely. Heard about Friday night, Jamie's not sure how he got home either!
Cricket yesterday, we were all out for a stunning 9!!
Not missing your early morning singing!!
Will keep in touch
Paul

gerry said...

Hi Paul,
9 !!!!!!!!!!! that must be a record !!

Yes please do keep in touch and I know that secretly you love my singing ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard (Gerry) hope all is going well for you, I will be checking your blog regular. glad you arrived safe and sound..take good care of yourself.. Love Mary.