Monday 24 September 2007

2am Tuesday

Well I left my present condo and moved downtown, I finally got the lease on the condo that I wanted as the owner finally gave up on the person she was holding it for. When I got to the building I then find out that there is still someone living there until lunchtime today (Tuesday) so I had to rent a room for one night, I am in this room at the moment and will finally move into a permanent condo later today................ well I hope so anyway.

Now that I'm downtown it is so much better in one way, that is that I am now so near to Greenbelt which is like living in the best part of the west end of London, all the best malls, cinemas, nice bars and restaurents. I had a wonderful meal tonight in a beautiful Italian restaurent, the meal with a bottle of australian merlot cost £17 which is very expensive for here.

It is also a very safe area to walk around in the evening as there are so many armed guards everywhere.

I will still pop back sometimes to where I used to live as there is so much happening there, I have friends there and it is a good place to hang out late at night just watching the world go by.

I will feel more settled once I move into this condo later today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear gerry, lucky you a nice place to live and a bottle of red wine! We are getting withdrawal symptoms.. have not had a nice glass of red for over a month. We need to find someone with a liquor licence. Hope you will be safe and happy in your new pad
Love the Amins

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard, glad to hear your enjoying yourself in the Phils, and you finally got a nice condo in a (SAFE) area. I just got back from (the big apple) had an amazing time- saw everything-did everything.. been there-done that- what next--FLORIDA, Anne and Keith are on their way back tonight. take good care of yourself. TTYL Mary

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth, yes a bit tricky over there with the old alcohol !! It was nice to put my feet up and open a bottle of Australian red at home last night.... just thought I'd rub it in !! ;-))
Hope you are all well and keep visiting the site.
Love to all the Amins x

Hi Mary glad to hear that you had a good time in NY with Anne.
Remind me what does TTYL stand for ?