Saturday 16 February 2008

Saturday 9pm

Well I got up from bed today as I felt stronger, had my first shower for a week !!!! yes I know..... was too weak and couldn't take any chances of more infections with my foot. I also think I should change my bedsheets today!! before they get up and walk out the door in disgust !! I have had no help during this time.

I decided to have a walk as my foot felt better, I managed to walk to Glorietta but tired very quickly and my headache was still there. I just stayed and had my first meal for a week... just a chicken salad with 2 bottles of water.. thats all I've had today other than cereal. I then had to return home to rest more.

Obviously there isn't much to report as I haven't been doing anything of interest.

I did manage to watch England beat N.Z. yesterday in bed which cheered me up somewhat.

So it's yet another weekend, I hope you are having a nice one wherever you are.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,
Nice to hear you're feeling stronger and able to eat, drink, shower(I can smell you from here) and of course change your smelly bed........

How far is it to Gloretta mall, I thought it was a fair way.

I hope you bought some food and water to have in your condo in case you have any more problems.

Glad you enjoyed the cricket at least that cheered you up.

It is Patsy grandson Barry's 21st birthday party tonight so Patsy and Joe are partying.

The weather here is beautiful it is the warmest Feb on rcord.

Keep up the good work.

Lol

Anne xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi gerard,
Really glad to hear you are on the
mend.you did'nt say how long your
walk to glorietta was maybe you have overdone it, you will soon
know I'm sure. I bet that is the
best shower and meal you have had
in a long time.I have to tell you
I'm sitting doing this blog all
by myself I know there are a few mistakes but trying my very best
I hope you agree. I am signing off
for now, tea time. Hope you keep
getting better.
Older sister Helen. lol.

Anonymous said...

Well your are up and about again,it will take you proberly a week to feel completely well I would think. Do you still intend to go to China and Hongkong. Where will fly to in China? I think China would be really exciting as some parts are so modern and very much like us and others are so totally different I would imagine, take plenty of pictures. You were up with us about this time last year, remember my birthday surprise you had a job to keep ha ha, 51 next Saturday but remember you will always be older. Take good care of yourself love Jan

gerry said...

Hi Anne, I have mentioned many times that Glorietta is around the corner from where I live, this is one of the main reasons for living where I live.
I can walk 2/3 mins to Greenbelt for the best bars, restaurants, cinemas and shopping....Greenbelt is the posh mall and glorietta 1,2,3 and 4 are attached to greenbelt. So even with a limp I can be there in 10/15 mins.
I always have a 5 gallon bottle of water indoors...it costs 50p. So the weather is good in dear old blighty... hopefully it continues.

Hi Helen thanks for the post, you did a great job.... no problems at all, signing off as Helen is enough.. no need for older sister.. unless you like that of course !!

Hi Jan, yes you are probably right another week to fully recover. I probably won't be visiting China haven't you all seen the news.. China is snowed in !! My local travel agent has just returned from there, he had to have the heating on and wear coats wherever he went. Lots of areas have no access because of the severe weather.

So you are 51 next Saturday, yes I will always be older but also always better looking too... well I had to say something !! didn't I.