Wednesday 6 February 2008

Makati.... Wednesday evening

Well today was a bad day for me, it was one of those days that I guess we all have now and then. Everything seemed to go against me and the more and more grumpier I got.

It started as soon as I left my building, people were strolling down the pavement 4 deep and walking as fast as a snail on a go-slow....I just find that so annoying...why aren't they aware of their surroundings and make way for people to pass.... of course this just began my irritation.....I was in a store with 1 queue only and I am 2nd in it, of course they opened another and before I noticed all those behind me jumped forward to it.... and as you can guess the person in front of me was buying the store, all those in the other queue got served and I was still waiting !!!

During my walk I got thirsty so I went into a shakeys (pizza parlour) to buy a milk shake as I really fancied one, as usual they say sit down sir while you wait..... I say no thanks as I just want a shake to take away.... the truth is they always want you to sit down so they can give you the change in one of those wallets so they can get a tip..... for a milk shake forget it !!
Anyway the server says medium or large... I says large as I'm thirsty.... I wait.... about 10 mins later ( how long does it take!!) the guy brings it out from the back.... not 1 large shake but 2 small ones and confidently he says.... here is your large shake sir.... I'm not a happy bunny anyway at this point and this poor guy doesn't know it.....ME... is this a LARGE milk shake... HIM.. sorry sir we have no large containers.... I'm thinking .... just keep cool which I did... I just said don't be stupid I'm not walking along the road carrying 2 containers when I already have a bag in one hand.... just give me back my money which they did.. while looking at me unsure what to do.... I just shook my head and walked out.... I really wanted that shake !!! no-one else sells them so I lost out there.

I won't bore you anymore but my day just continued like that... obviously it was just really me that was testy at the start of the day and things just conspired to make me get more and more grumpy, it wasn't until 5pm that I realised that I hadn't eaten since 8am, I don't suppose that helped.

On a completely different subject....or as Monty Python would say.... and now for something completely different..... there were 2 bank robberies yesterday in Manila.
In the uk and elsewhere the norm is that 3 or 4 gunman run into the band and hold it up... in the Phils it's between 15 and 20 gunmen that rob banks.... do they hire a bus to get them there.... in the first raid it was reported that over 15 gunmen robbed the bank of £6000... that's only £400 a piece, in the 2nd raid it was reported that it was robbed by over 20 gunmen that blitzed the bank, shot dead the guard and got away with £1000 that's £50 each !!! Both these raids were in Quezon city where I went for a walk the other day if you read my post.

Tuesday was a good day as England beat New Zealand at cricket, I watched it online... just about as it was buffering after every 2 seconds of viewing which was difficult at times... the next game is tomorrow which I am looking forward to.

A big welcome to the world of the internet to my sister Helen, she even managed to leave a comment on my last post (which I replied to...so take a look Helen). Finally she has come to her senses to discover this wonderful world of information and fast communication.
What I want to know is... who really did make that post ????????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

You're showing your age you're turning into a grumpy old man. It is annoying the time that other people haveto meander and still dont consider others. You cut off your nose to spite your face with the milk shake, the only person upset and annoyed was you, you must watch your blood pressure.

I see you enjoyed the cricket, do you watch the rugby as well. Theres a big game on both days this weekend.

Yes your big blister is now a surfer, I think she is enjoying being online but getting a bit infuriated now and again. Its hard to explain whats on the screen when you cant see it, but we're getting there. She was looking at your blogs and videos today, she got into some of your photos but couldnt access Jan's 60th birthday party, it kept saying she should join up with Yahoo.

Just after midnight, you might be online, I'll wait for another half hour if you want to email me.

Take care

LOl

Anne xxxxxxxxxxx

gerry said...

Hi Anne, yes you're right I am showing my age. No I don't watch the rugby it's expensive enough for the cricket, I'm not paying another £25 to watch rugby.
Some of the pics on my sites can't be accessed by the public.
No I didn't catch you although I was online but your comment didn't arrive until later.
Did you post Helen's comment ????