Monday 25 February 2008

Monday 9.30pm

Went and got my ticket today for my flight to Mindanao, I leave my condo tomorrow (Tuesday) morning at 8am. The flight is at 10am. I may not be able to post much for about a week as some of the places that I am visiting are remote and don't have internet.
But no need to worry at all as it completely safe. I will still have my mobile with me so you can always contact me via that if it is necessary.

I am visiting a childrens home in a place called Talakag, it is a very quiet place I believe. Below is a pic of the bustling town centre !!


Doesn't look like there is lots to do there !!!!!

I will post if and when possible.

I hope you all have a great week

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had a lovely birthday Gerard, Jac invited me around for a meal on Friday night, and took me and Ians mum to Leeds for a shopping and lunch trip. Also went out with friends for a meal Saturday night, so have had a busy weekend. Take care on your trip. Best wishes

Love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

Thought I would blog early as you would already be on the plane to mindanao. Its looks a bit like Blackpool with all the hustle & bustle just watch your pockets. Take care when you get into a taxi at the airport.

How many children are in the home. Take some pics and let us see life in busy Mindanao.

Will you have your laptop with you, remember to take your plug and cable.

Take care, hope all goes well.

Lol

Anne xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

gerry said...

Hi Jan, Glad to hear that you had a nice day on your birthday.

Hi Anne, I don't leave for another hour at 8.15am. There are no taxis at the airport... there's virtually no airport...it's just a runway with a small building.
I will take some pics of course.
No I am not taking my laptop as it would be a waste of time.