Sunday 27 April 2008

Me in the Phils.... was I ??

I have been home now for over 2 weeks. Things seem strange, in some ways it feels that I never left the Uk and the Phils is a distant memory.......... but when I sit alone at night, all the good things and some of the bad come back to remind me of how much I loved living there.

I've been out and about in Uxbridge town at different times, when I'm walking and people watching I can't help but see so many people that when I look into their eyes, I can see that the lights are on but there is no-one at home.... so many people just drifting through their lives.... probably as we all do.
I really notice the young people, walking with their mobile phones pressed to their ears and I hear a constant barrage of 4 letter words, they don't seem to care who can hear them... sadly lots are teenage girls. I can see the aggression in so many people, everyone rushing to get wherever they are going and nobody better get in their way, so many young men that I wouldn't trust to even talk to......... to me anyway they stand out as of low intelligence and with a criminal mind... yes I am being judgemental.

The weather since I returned has been quite good save today as it is raining.........

I really wish I was back in the Phils where people.... although they may have less but smile so much more and seem relatively happy with what they have.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you not get my comment last week, It was hows your diet so I take it you just ignored it, well never mind I will keep nagging. I will be down to see you soon I did mentioned it to Anne when you were in the Phils to see if she wanted to arrange somethine for the summer anyone will get back to you on it. Love Jan

gerry said...

Hi Jan, Yes I did get your comment but you forgot to sign it, I didn't know who it was from so I did ignore it. Hope to see you all soon

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

Can't believe you are home nearly 3weeks but you've settled back into the humdrum life of Uxbridge pretty quickly.

Yes, a lot of what you say about young people is true but they dont know any different.

It is true the less you've got the happier you are.

Hope all goes well over the coming months.

Take care

LOl
Anne xxxxxxxxxx

gerry said...

Hi Anne, it's nearly 2 months now, getting used to my old again but i do miss the Phils.