Friday 18 April 2008

Gerry in Uxbridge

Well I have been home for just over a week now, everything has mostly gone well since my return.

It started with me going through customs with 6 bags and I didn't get stopped !!!.... I was home within 45 mins of landing at Heathrow.

I have managed to get most utilities connected except my internet.... I am piggybacking to write this.

I drove to Sandbach in Cheshire to visit my sister Anne for the evening then I drove to Glasgow to visit Helen & Jimmy, Patsy & Joe and finally Paul & Karen where I delivered to them the karaoke mike that I bought on their behalf in the Phils.......... I never sing Karaoke but Karen FORCED me... honest !!!! ...... for the record it was the Stones...... satisfaction.

I then drove 6 and a half hours to visit Maurice in Janice in Skegness, this journey isn't the best but with my CD's on and the sun shining it wasn't too bad.

So I have driven nearly 1000 miles since my return which was very enjoyable, I forgot how nice it is driving on the freeway doing a 100mph +..... it was just for a min or two !!!!

I have had a really good week with my family it was really great to see them all... and I ate extremely well at all of their homes.......... thanks all !!

I have had to do shopping again but luckily here we have Marks and Sparks.... their food is deeelliiicious..!!!

Hope you enjoyed reading my blog in the Phils and I will continue with this for a while....but only about once per week.
Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Enjoy your weekend................................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

I will be the first to comment on your return to Uxbridge and civilisation!!!!!

There are some things good in the UK mainly the family, food, car and roads and I cant think of anything else.

It was great to see you and you are always welcome, you just have to pick up the phone.

I think everyone else enjoyed your
quick visit. Glad I didnt hear you on the Karaoke, I bet you murdered satisfaction.

I have missed your daily blog and missed emailing you asking why your post wasnt up to date in case anything had happened to you. I had already picked out 10 new cars for all the family, it all depended on how good each of them were to me as to which car they would get. Alas Gerard returned safely so all my plans were in vain. Never mind, maybe next time.

Hope you are well settled, no doubt you will feel like you have never been away.

Take care

LOL
Anne xxxxxxxxxx

gerry said...

Hi Anne, yes some things in the UK are good but too few to warrent staying here.
Thanks and yes it was nice to visit everyone.
I find it difficult to write on my blog now as the adventure is over but I will try to post something every week or so.