Wednesday 2 April 2008

My last Wednesday evening.............

I was in the shopping malls early today looking for some items that family have requested. That took up most of my time today. As it was a quiet day I have taken the opportunity to include some pics that are sort of bits and pieces.

Below is some pics from my tourney which was held last Sunday.


Below is some pics that I took to show how difficult it is to walk on Manila pavements if you are a blind person... this is very common, trees, lamposts and electrical cable posts everywhere.


Below is another group of odd pics.

TOP LEFT. In this barangay the local youths are under a curfew.
TOP RIGHT. Do you think that young girl is wasting her time sweeping !!!
BOTTOM LEFT. Do we still have these old type glass coke bottles in the UK ??
BOTTOM MIDDLE. A family living by the pavement just cooking dinner.
BOTTOM RIGHT. A group practicing their dance routine in Makati fire station........ ...............only in the Phils !!


Anne, I sent you a text and an email but no reply !!!! :-(

4 comments:

Jo Gallacher said...

Hi Gerard,

I have only recently received your address from my mum or I would have been in touch earlier!

It looks fabulous over there you will be very very sad to go home and leave all that behind...although it could be worse, you could be coming back to Glasgow! its raining here and still feels very much like winter.

You never know, maybe one day you could live there, its always somewhere I have always wanted to travel to but I have never got round to it, and its hard to do it now as I have a mortgage etc! maybe in a few years though!

Mum is like 'a new woman' now, she has worked very hard to get better, im very proud.

take care
Joanne x

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,

Thanks for shopping for us. Hope it didnt stop you doing anything important.

The photos are excellent cant believe that you can actually walk along those pavement. The tourney looks very busy and its nice to see your name in big letters.

Sorry i didnt reply earlier but I was working today, some people have to work. You'll know the meaning of work soon enough.

Thanks again.

Take care LOL

Anne xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Well its your last Wednesday evening in Manila but I dont think it is as bad as you think in Uxbridge bad but not that bad. Havent answered your Blogg as mouse has given up on the Computer but I have now got a new one. Dont forget to ring when you get back and tell me all the news that you couldnt put on your Blogg ha. ha.

Love Jan xxxx
Anne will have to start going on the chat lines to get her dose of blogging wont she.

gerry said...

Hi Joanne, nice surprise to hear from you.
Yes at this time I do want to live here in Manila and will look at the possibility straight away when I return to the UK.
Glad to hear that your mum (my sis) is better, I feel like a new woman too, can you find me one please ;-)

Hi Anne, No the shopping was fine no problem. Thanx for the reminder of that 4 letter word...... work !!

Hi Jan, I will ring once I get my phones reconnected. Anne will be ok as I will keep some sort of blog going to feed her addiction !!