Sunday 8 July 2007

2 weeks to go !!

Just 2 weeks to go til the end of term, then 6 weeks of the summer holiday which I really enjoy. I then have to work the first week of the new term before I fly out to Manila on the 9th September.

Then it's 7 months of the unknown which is exciting, where will I visit, who will I meet, different cultures to investigate. Will be travelling around the islands and maybe to other parts of Asia too, but the most important thing is to feel what it is like to live there and fit in to the way and pace of life over there.

I'm sure there will be times of frustration while I adapt, one thing I have found to be difficult is "Filipino time", if I agree to coach someone at 1pm til 3pm then I expect them to be there at 1 pm but of course the reality is that they may not appear til 2pm or afterwards, this is going to be one of my biggest challenges to deal with as I can't have players turning up at different times, that would be ludicrous !! We shall see.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerard,
Just checking

love

anne

gerry said...

Yes Anne it does work, for anyone else visiting, just write your comments in the box, click on other, put in your name then click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.

Then return to read my reply.

No rude comments please.