Friday 13 July 2007

Barrio festival

There is a Filipino Barrio festival this weekend in Hounslow which is quite close to my home. The festival is held over 2 days in Lampton park and will have between 40-60,000 visitors. There will be many stands selling lots of filipino foodstuff, knick knacks and also lots of services offered, mainly flights home, how to send items home, real estate, jobs, etc.
I may pop along if the weather is fine to see if any of the realtors can help me find a condo before I arrive there. It's really a day out for all the British Filipinos, they travel here from all over Britain. It is just nice to see people enjoying themselves without lots of bad behavior going on.
There will be lots of Filipino music to make everyone feel at home and there is a also a fairground for the kids to play in. There should be a lot of fun, I just hope the sun shines.

No comments: